cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions around android 10 on zenfone 6

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS
First things first...thanks for quick android 10 update. Asus has really done a good job and people who are complaining does not how difficult such update can be...they should understand firewares are not easy even pixel and iphones are not safe even though they are first party os and devices. I am not saying there is no issue..definetly it is not perfect but we need to give some time to Asus to fix issues.
Now second part
1) I saw tremendous performance and battery improvement after updating z6 to android 10 via flashing full file...i went back from android 10 to pie and again update via file option rather than ota and things are very smooth now compared to previous dont know why?...
2) Sometime Clear all button in recent apps do not appear. it is not all the time sometime let says 2 or 3 times it does not appear. can u please check.
3) UI is not clean like when u scroll up on all apps screen in setting. it overlap with status bar which is not a good experience instead all app bar selection bar should be fixed and nothing should appear after that..u can check oneplus 7. I saw such UI glitches in a lot places like similar issue with sms app but it overlaps with navigation bar...and a lot setting pages having this issue.
4) I bought z6 for camera, I know u guys are working when no new features are added since long. Z6 is flagship phone atleast for asus so we expect some more support and I hope u guys are working on new features as well apart part fixes performance of existing features. Any update u have?
5) I heard project mainline is available for zenfone 6 but is it correct? if it is then why we have not seen any play store update for November? sorry if there is no update released so far from google itself or asus need to enable it?

33 REPLIES 33

_jis_
Zen Master III
Me too 🙂
I mentioned in my first post that I am using Nova launcher, but when I am testing issues I try them in the Asus launcher also.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
gouravjoshi100

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28679#Comment_28679

@CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @_jis_

steps to reproduce 2) issue of clear all button under recent apps

1) press recent app button and clear all apps.

2) open an app now and press home button on to exit from app DO NOT EXIT BY PRESSING BACK navigation button

3) press recent app navigation button and here u wmt see any clear all button

View post
I did this and couldnt reproduce "Clear All" button disappearing. I wonder what causes it.
Do you have Default Display Size and Font Size?
kooldude7285

anyone facing this issue

whenever pin is required for instead of finger print.. the screen won't light up with the finger print sensor.. you have to manually press power button and thn enter pin. usually fp should light up the screen with pin input screen..

View post
This is default Android behavior and we do not intend to change it. When the system asks for PIN (for example after a reboot) , the FP wont light up the screen.

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29231#Comment_29231

I did this and couldnt reproduce "Clear All" button disappearing. I wonder what causes it.

Do you have Default Display Size and Font Size?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29234#Comment_29234

This is default Android behavior and we do not intend to change it. When the system asks for PIN (for example after a reboot) , the FP wont light up the screen.

View post
i understand it could be default behavior.. is it possible make those changes? as default android is not perfect and i think team can always improve on the same...

_jis_
Zen Master III
@CH_ASUS
I did this and couldnt reproduce "Clear All" button disappearing. I wonder what causes it. Do you have Default Display Size and Font Size?
Yes, both default, but I am using Smallest width 360 dp instead of 411 dp in Developer options / Drawing to get everything as big as on my previous phones (I have poor vision).
How can you say this. On all my previous Android phones, when you touch your fingerprint sensor, the PIN input screen automatically appears when this security situation occurs every few days.
For example on my Nexus 5X (Google phone) and Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android One phone) I haven't this problem.

_jis_
Zen Master III
2) Sometime Clear all button in recent apps do not appear. it is not all the time sometime let says 2 or 3 times it does not appear. can u please check.
I updated my phone on November 27 to version WW_17.1810.1910.73 via local full update (not OTA), this issue persists.
I would even say that for me this problem is now much more common.

When this problem occurs I do the following: I press the Recent button again and then once more.
The Clear all button will then appear.