This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this much SoT with 60hz and power saver normal?

Mvarun
Rising Star I
GUOIC8Q3TO0V.jpg
I used 60hz almost the entire time and had power saver on. I played asphalt 9 at 60fps on performance settings (Without X mode on) for around 45 minutes but that's about all the gaming I did. Is this normal? Cuz I heard some people saying they were getting 9+ hours.
57 REPLIES 57

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
OPC

Battery life I get is amazing. No other phone I had comes close. Coming from Apple and Samsung, Rog 2 in this department beats them up to 4 times longer (Note 8). Once I took it off the charger at 5.30am went on a business trip across 3 countries, phone connected to my car for 7-8 hours over Bluetooth, talked in roaming over 3 hours, checked all emails and used Google maps to find hotel in the evening. At 10pm the battery was at 69%! No other phone comes close to that. In these conditions Samsung needs recharging at 5pm at latest. Note 8 at 1pm ( my personal experience!). This is the first smartphone ever I had that doesn't need to be plugged in my car's charger during the day. It's a real relief and a deal-breaker as I travel for work a lot. Pity for that VoLTE issue!

Hoping it could assist you in achieving the same amazing battery life, here is the summary of what I do as my routine.

1. I did the battery calibration as described in the manual before I started the phone for the first time.

2. In Battery department in settings I have activated all saving options, like detecting apps running in the background and so on. My screen is set to 120Hz refresh rate (the only thing not in saving mode).

3. Overnight charging is set between 23pm and 7am. I wake up at 6.30 and I see the battery is not fully charged. Obviously the system is protecting the battery and it prevents it to be fully charged! No risk in overnight charging if the charging period has been set in Battery Care settings! I can then leave it on a charger until 7am when it will be fully charged, or take it off the charger, typically at 86%. I put it on the charger overnight only if the battery is 10% or lower.

4. If it wasn't on a charger overnight, I do as Jetjosh does. Never let it charge completely (normally to 95%). Or if it charges to 100% take it of the charger immediately.

And that's it! Hope you will achieve the same level of battery performance and personal satisfaction!

View post
That sounds great. Can you please share your battery stats screenshots?

OPC
Zen Master II
This is the last I recorded with Active Cooler attached while playing Asphalt. Now the phone is just off the charger

OPC
Zen Master II
Here are my battery settings. Only few apps not optimized, only a few apps allowed to auto-start

OPC
Zen Master II
Please note that crazy long battery times don't include gaming or Active cooler attached. The usage is limited to these business related functions: Bluetooth on, telephone, messages, notes, emails (I run simultaneously 2 email clients which are set to check for mail shortest time possible), opening and editing excell and pdf, calculator, camera, web browser (I use 3), VPN and Google maps. 7-8 hours in total between different functions. I would say the screen is on 3 to 4 hours (not while talking or driving). Norton and Sophos security running all the time. As a business phone Rog 2 can last 2 days easy.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Right now, there's no point in comparing battery stats because this function isn't working as it should. The same thing goes for ZenFone 6.
Both phones have always had this bug and it will be fixed in a future update. We haven't been able to fix it until now since it required help from another company. This bug prevents the battery stats from measuring everything the way it should. Because of this, two users who use their phone in a similar way but with different apps, will end upp with different results. SOT in hours can be fairly correct but the battery drain percentage of everything else is wrong. So you won't know by looking at the stats if there's a power hungry app draining all your battery. A SOT comparison right now will only work if you have two phones with very similar apps and that are used in the same way.
We're not alone in having this bug but other manufacturers show their stats differently making it harder to notice these inconsistencies.
So at the moment, if you feel that the battery life used to be better, don't look at the stats. Look at the total battery percentage and compare that to what you normally had with the same user pattern. If it's much lower, then you might have a battery draining app.
Best way to quickly find out if this is the case, is to prevent all apps from starting by themselves with our auto-start manager and then you control which apps that's running by looking in the recent apps overview. If it now feels like you battery life is back to normal, then you have a battery draining app.
The whole charge your phone for 8 hours thing won't make any difference. This recommendation is only for unused phones that might have been laying on the shelf for months. A lot of electronic products with battery have similar recommendations.