This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this much SoT with 60hz and power saver normal?

Mvarun
Rising Star I
GUOIC8Q3TO0V.jpg
I used 60hz almost the entire time and had power saver on. I played asphalt 9 at 60fps on performance settings (Without X mode on) for around 45 minutes but that's about all the gaming I did. Is this normal? Cuz I heard some people saying they were getting 9+ hours.
57 REPLIES 57

Mvarun
Rising Star I
jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32906#Comment_32906

Oh ok then just let it cool off before you charge it.

View post
Yup I will.

OPC
Zen Master II
Playing Asphalt 9 my phone goes within 15 minutes to 45 degrees and it stays their for hours (I play a lot of Asphalt). My X mode settings are set to performance ultimate, CPU 2.96, temperature default. If I set temperature to max, the the temperature will rise to 46 Celsius. The good thing is the Aeroactive cooler keeps temperature at 41C constant, good 4 degrees lower, charging while playing or just playing. I find the Aeroactive cooler as essential accessory for playing games. Also if I charge while playing, the speed of charging is the same as doing nothing. If I charge and not play, the phone is on the room temperature. In my case the charger gets warmer and the phone insignificantly. The warmest the phone gets is in case I receive a phone call during the race. When I talk and Asphalt runs in the background, it gets really hot it burns my ear. I have a 30W charger. As I read hear guys from India commenting on the 18W charger, there is a huge difference in performance. 30W charger should be in the box by default, even if it would make a phone a little bit more expensive.

Mvarun
Rising Star I
OPC

Playing Asphalt 9 my phone goes within 15 minutes to 45 degrees and it stays their for hours (I play a lot of Asphalt). My X mode settings are set to performance ultimate, CPU 2.96, temperature default. If I set temperature to max, the the temperature will rise to 46 Celsius. The good thing is the Aeroactive cooler keeps temperature at 41C constant, good 4 degrees lower, charging while playing or just playing. I find the Aeroactive cooler as essential accessory for playing games. Also if I charge while playing, the speed of charging is the same as doing nothing. If I charge and not play, the phone is on the room temperature. In my case the charger gets warmer and the phone insignificantly. The warmest the phone gets is in case I receive a phone call during the race. When I talk and Asphalt runs in the background, it gets really hot it burns my ear. I have a 30W charger. As I read hear guys from India commenting on the 18W charger, there is a huge difference in performance. 30W charger should be in the box by default, even if it would make a phone a little bit more expensive.

View post
I'm pretty sure you get the aero cooler and the 30w charger in the box on the more expensive 12/512gb variant.

OPC
Zen Master II
Battery life I get is amazing. No other phone I had comes close. Coming from Apple and Samsung, Rog 2 in this department beats them up to 4 times longer (Note 8). Once I took it off the charger at 5.30am went on a business trip across 3 countries, phone connected to my car for 7-8 hours over Bluetooth, talked in roaming over 3 hours, checked all emails and used Google maps to find hotel in the evening. At 10pm the battery was at 69%! No other phone comes close to that. In these conditions Samsung needs recharging at 5pm at latest. Note 8 at 1pm ( my personal experience!). This is the first smartphone ever I had that doesn't need to be plugged in my car's charger during the day. It's a real relief and a deal-breaker as I travel for work a lot. Pity for that VoLTE issue!
Hoping it could assist you in achieving the same amazing battery life, here is the summary of what I do as my routine.
1. I did the battery calibration as described in the manual before I started the phone for the first time.
2. In Battery department in settings I have activated all saving options, like detecting apps running in the background and so on. My screen is set to 120Hz refresh rate (the only thing not in saving mode).
3. Overnight charging is set between 23pm and 7am. I wake up at 6.30 and I see the battery is not fully charged. Obviously the system is protecting the battery and it prevents it to be fully charged! No risk in overnight charging if the charging period has been set in Battery Care settings! I can then leave it on a charger until 7am when it will be fully charged, or take it off the charger, typically at 86%. I put it on the charger overnight only if the battery is 10% or lower.
4. If it wasn't on a charger overnight, I do as Jetjosh does. Never let it charge completely (normally to 95%). Or if it charges to 100% take it of the charger immediately.
And that's it! Hope you will achieve the same level of battery performance and personal satisfaction!

Mvarun
Rising Star I
OPC

Battery life I get is amazing. No other phone I had comes close. Coming from Apple and Samsung, Rog 2 in this department beats them up to 4 times longer (Note 8). Once I took it off the charger at 5.30am went on a business trip across 3 countries, phone connected to my car for 7-8 hours over Bluetooth, talked in roaming over 3 hours, checked all emails and used Google maps to find hotel in the evening. At 10pm the battery was at 69%! No other phone comes close to that. In these conditions Samsung needs recharging at 5pm at latest. Note 8 at 1pm ( my personal experience!). This is the first smartphone ever I had that doesn't need to be plugged in my car's charger during the day. It's a real relief and a deal-breaker as I travel for work a lot. Pity for that VoLTE issue!

Hoping it could assist you in achieving the same amazing battery life, here is the summary of what I do as my routine.

1. I did the battery calibration as described in the manual before I started the phone for the first time.

2. In Battery department in settings I have activated all saving options, like detecting apps running in the background and so on. My screen is set to 120Hz refresh rate (the only thing not in saving mode).

3. Overnight charging is set between 23pm and 7am. I wake up at 6.30 and I see the battery is not fully charged. Obviously the system is protecting the battery and it prevents it to be fully charged! No risk in overnight charging if the charging period has been set in Battery Care settings! I can then leave it on a charger until 7am when it will be fully charged, or take it off the charger, typically at 86%. I put it on the charger overnight only if the battery is 10% or lower.

4. If it wasn't on a charger overnight, I do as Jetjosh does. Never let it charge completely (normally to 95%). Or if it charges to 100% take it of the charger immediately.

And that's it! Hope you will achieve the same level of battery performance and personal satisfaction!

View post
Oh wow that's some pretty amazing battery life. I have pretty much the same settings, but I don't charge over the night and only charge it over the day. I will try the leaving the phone charging for a long time and hopefully that makes it better.