This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today i took some shots at night and i confirm. The result is a disaster now in Android 10

doublem101
Star III
I've been reading all the posts about the bad photo quality on Android 10 but honestly i didn't had the chance to test it in detail before.
However today, i had a spare time and it only took a couple minutes to see what everyone are talking about.
I already had taken some indoor photos and i noticed the high noise in darker areas but i went outside and i couldn't believe on what i was looking at. Slightly blured photos (like a shaken photo) and no detail at all, it looked like a watercolour painting. On some photos, darker areas were pinkish, something that i complained before in Pro mode on long exposures but never noticed it in any other mode.
However, i don't know if it's related or not but the few Gcam versions that works, aren't much better neither. Still a little better than stock app but really really worse than before. I'm not sure if they aren't already optimized or somehow related with the stock app bad quality. I don't know how Gcam works but what if the main issue isn't the stock APP itself but something behind it that makes Gcam works so bad also?
Sorry Asus, but i can't accept this quality from €500 device. One of the things that made me buy this phone was his night photo quality and now it takes worse photos than my old device?
I know you are looking at the problem already but i become frightened when i read that the differences you found aren't considerable. They are. If you didn't tested yet at night, outside, please do it. Theres were i found the major differences, not indoor.
I don't a have photo took in Android 9 under the same circunstances in this same places but please look at this photo. This isn't acceptable at all.
QUJHAN31QHLI.jpg

70 REPLIES 70

Jeb
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32773#Comment_32773

Could be.. really difficult to say. Root cause can , as you say, be something completely separate from camera but affecting it. Might then also be a "some have it and some dont".

View post
I thought I already answered that.
I reset the camera app by completely deleting all program data in the system settings.
I2B7L4ACK1Y6.jpg

Jeb
Rising Star II
And in general, photo quality was worse after upgrading to A10. Resetting the Camera app did help a lot, but I feel like the contrast is still relatively too high in over half of the photos I take and the bright colors (white, light grey, other highlights) don't reflect what they actually are in real life.
BPKM9XA13SA4.jpg

mastershu
Rising Star I
2ZPOKIAYX9FM.jpg
ZE89ONXOZ3WK.jpg
DL5H6IV3AW40.jpg
i can say it has... hdr off hdr on hdr-- (what im calling it) hdr-- is actually darker than no hdr an its just awful as far as detail an range an smudging an color goes.... timestamped as well so no one can say i picked an chose to suite my argument
this is when i started to notice it ...it is less detail again.. softer.. range is meh ...even my one eyed cat ... does NOT approve the lizard pic alone i took 2x... still looked just wrong.. light smudges unclear at all an the leaves on the tree.. the only place in those pics that looks ''normal'' is the center... everything else is soft almost no detail or smudged an the before an after in nightmode of my go to tree an stream... you can see alot of differences
OULX6FO1A9NH.jpg
UU2EWBXMDU2B.jpg

F7EKCKMCNPY5.jpg
2OWB69PF18HI.jpg
YMMN6XFWGDQK.jpg
D9H77N26FK7C.jpg
B7OUPLL02UJF.jpg
before an after the tree on right in backround has much less detail AFTER an the whole pic is fuzzier in general with smudge all over it both on a tripod an the leaf detail is next to nothing.... if this was maybe 20 people saying somethings wrong that would be one thing.. but theres a whole thread of people saying somethin aint right an postin pics left an right of same time differences an before an afters.... there is something wrong with the camera... it was my main selling point to buy this thing!!! an now for me i cant do squat with it... the phone itself is great... best thing ever... but there ARE INDEED CAMERA ISSUES THAT NEED FIXING

off2fly115
Rising Star II
mastershu

2ZPOKIAYX9FM.jpg

ZE89ONXOZ3WK.jpg

DL5H6IV3AW40.jpg

i can say it has... hdr off hdr on hdr-- (what im calling it) hdr-- is actually darker than no hdr an its just awful as far as detail an range an smudging an color goes.... timestamped as well so no one can say i picked an chose to suite my argument

this is when i started to notice it ...it is less detail again.. softer.. range is meh ...even my one eyed cat ... does NOT approve the lizard pic alone i took 2x... still looked just wrong.. light smudges unclear at all an the leaves on the tree.. the only place in those pics that looks ''normal'' is the center... everything else is soft almost no detail or smudged an the before an after in nightmode of my go to tree an stream... you can see alot of differences

OULX6FO1A9NH.jpg

UU2EWBXMDU2B.jpg

F7EKCKMCNPY5.jpg

2OWB69PF18HI.jpg

YMMN6XFWGDQK.jpg

D9H77N26FK7C.jpg

B7OUPLL02UJF.jpg

before an after the tree on right in backround has much less detail AFTER an the whole pic is fuzzier in general with smudge all over it both on a tripod an the leaf detail is next to nothing.... if this was maybe 20 people saying somethings wrong that would be one thing.. but theres a whole thread of people saying somethin aint right an postin pics left an right of same time differences an before an afters.... there is something wrong with the camera... it was my main selling point to buy this thing!!! an now for me i cant do squat with it... the phone itself is great... best thing ever... but there ARE INDEED CAMERA ISSUES THAT NEED FIXING

View post
I ABSOLUTELY agree with this ????

Jeb
Rising Star II
So I went out to look at Christmas lights and tried to take some photos tonight. Unfortunately, picture quality was below par. 😕
While some pictures turned out decent, perhaps some adjustments need to be made to the algorithms when the camera notices slight movements in the phone, particularly in low light scenarios.
XJQIO94OX8YG.jpg
J78D3NK7ACSN.jpg
HV0E1SWK28CU.jpg
MRSDBBNMWQ8W.jpg