This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this much SoT with 60hz and power saver normal?

Mvarun
Rising Star I
GUOIC8Q3TO0V.jpg
I used 60hz almost the entire time and had power saver on. I played asphalt 9 at 60fps on performance settings (Without X mode on) for around 45 minutes but that's about all the gaming I did. Is this normal? Cuz I heard some people saying they were getting 9+ hours.
57 REPLIES 57

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I'm not a battery expert, but the Technical Product Manager that I work with here has recommended charging all of our phones for at least 8 hours before turning them on. ZenFone 5Z, ZenFone 6, ROG Phone, etc.
It totally ruins the unboxing experience, because you have this new shiny thing that you just have to stare at all day. But according to the engineers, this is best practice for all of our mobile devices.

Mvarun
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

I'm not a battery expert, but the Technical Product Manager that I work with here has recommended charging all of our phones for at least 8 hours before turning them on. ZenFone 5Z, ZenFone 6, ROG Phone, etc.

It totally ruins the unboxing experience, because you have this new shiny thing that you just have to stare at all day. But according to the engineers, this is best practice for all of our mobile devices.

View post
Oh wow. Is it worth doing it now? After about a month of use?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Again, not a battery expert by a long shot. But as far as I know, it can't hurt the battery so there is no harm in trying. You might see some extended battery life as a side effect. 😉
Keep in mind the advice I was given was to charge the device while its powered off for 8 hours. So discharge the battery, turn it off, and charge it for 8 hours. I hope you see a tangible improvement!

Mvarun
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

Again, not a battery expert by a long shot. But as far as I know, it can't hurt the battery so there is no harm in trying. You might see some extended battery life as a side effect. 😉

Keep in mind the advice I was given was to charge the device while its powered off for 8 hours. So discharge the battery, turn it off, and charge it for 8 hours. I hope you see a tangible improvement!

View post
I'm no expert either but isn't it bad to keep your phone plugged in for a long time, even if it's fully charged? I'll still try it later tho later when my battery dies.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
That's my understanding as well, but since this is a "once in the lifetime of the phone" charging event I can't imagine it will do any damage. I believe that advice, not leaving it connected to a charger when the device is at 100% is a cautionary tale for daily charging behavior.