This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera update

mastershu
Rising Star I
i keep hearing about a camera update... is this true? an when will this happen? pics are what it can do with patience in ''new'' nightmode.... its either too fast or not slow enough sometimes right now.... but i managed to get these with it
P_20191113_002539.jpg
P_20191113_003250.jpg

34 REPLIES 34

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
A lot of my time right now goes into taking your feedback in this question and taking pictures of my own to confirm which posts that are actually on to something and which ones that are just angry because they think it has gotten worse.
So far my observations are that there is indeed a clear difference between Pie and Q when it comes to HDR++ mode. For all other modes, there are minor differences at best. You have to look for them so there's no way you can remember that it used to be so much better. I have the proof in front of me that this is not the case and I have no reason to lie about it since we want our camera to be as good as possible.
I have also observed that our noise reduction is more aggressive now compared to FW .174 (Q Is no different from .191). Now noise reduction is a complicated thing. It's not like playing around in photoshop. This is about teaching the AI to do the right choices for specific scenes.
I'll get back to you once I have more info and thank you for finding the difference in HDR++

doublem101
Star III
I'm not sure if thats possible but theres no way we can choose the amount of noise reduction we want?
Or at least let us shoot Raw photos in Auto Mode. I think that could manage the issue somehow.
And last but not least, i know this is a delicate topic but please don't forget to check what is preventing Gcam from working. Someone already posted a log about it. I really miss those Night Sight photos since i updated to 10 ?

mastershu
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

A lot of my time right now goes into taking your feedback in this question and taking pictures of my own to confirm which posts that are actually on to something and which ones that are just angry because they think it has gotten worse.

So far my observations are that there is indeed a clear difference between Pie and Q when it comes to HDR++ mode. For all other modes, there are minor differences at best. You have to look for them so there's no way you can remember that it used to be so much better. I have the proof in front of me that this is not the case and I have no reason to lie about it since we want our camera to be as good as possible.

I have also observed that our noise reduction is too aggressive. Now this is a complicated thing. It's not like playing around with noise reduction in photoshop. This is about teaching the AI to do the right choices for specific scenes.

I'll get back to you once I have more info and thank you for finding the difference in HDR++

View post
@Anders_ASUS .... sadly mine died today... for the 3rd time it stroked out but 1st time screen blanked out before dying... im guessing mobo issue an cant find the part anywhere.... an its gonna cost as much as the phone itself to take it to a center in china (as it seems this is a tawian phone an no service centers i can find in the US) to MAYBE fix it... to much money... let alone the month or longer wait.... my hearts broke man.... i reeally love this phone ...

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mastershu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/30635#Comment_30635

@Anders_ASUS .... sadly mine died today... for the 3rd time it stroked out but 1st time screen blanked out before dying... im guessing mobo issue an cant find the part anywhere.... an its gonna cost as much as the phone itself to take it to a center in china (as it seems this is a tawian phone an no service centers i can find in the US) to MAYBE fix it... to much money... let alone the month or longer wait.... my hearts broke man.... i reeally love this phone ...

View post
Very sad indeed but unfortunately I can't help if you bought it in another country. I wish it didn't have to be like this but we can't afford to offer world wide warranty on our phones with the current margin.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
All future discussions regarding the camera will have to take place in the thread below. This way it will be easier for us to communicate with you since there are too many threads discussing the same subject. This thread is now closed.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13680/today-i-took-some-shots-at-night-and-i-confirm-the-resu...