This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2

chan
Star I
I am planning to buy this device, but from reading the reviews and the posts in this forum, I'm concerned about a few things.
How good is the display? Does it have punchy blacks? How is the display quality when compared to other flagships in this price segment?
How bad is the red tint issue? Is it a hardware defect? Are all devices affected? Will future software updates fix the issue? I will have the display brightness set to lowest almost all the time, so this issue is a deal breaker for me.
I am from India and here the device is available only through flipkart, which is not a buyer friendly platform. Returning or getting the device replaced would be a major headache, so I need to know if the device is worth buying.
Thanks in advance. 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

Dont buy if you Playing PUBG or wanna be Conqueror on...
Ready my Post fully
I recently buy an ASUS ROG 2 ZS660KL 12gb RAM 512gb ROM TENCENT VERSION For Playing PUBG ,After two month my phone Has Screen Burn in on Navigation bar.ASUS Leader dont want to reply me on my thread they know Oled problem .you dont play regular game max 40 min ,so why they make beas phone for gaming .The page admin did not replying me on my thread they know big prob how to satisfy to customer with screen burn in issue.The put price on high but ..you can read my thread by clicking on below link,I would never prefer for buy this for playing pubg,otherwise its good phone for Youtube and else.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13651/asus-rog-phone-ii-zs660kl-screen-burn-in-help-me#latest

Kanu
Rising Star II
chan

I am planning to buy this device, but from reading the reviews and the posts in this forum, I'm concerned about a few things.

1. How good is the display? Does it have punchy blacks? How is the display quality when compared to other flagships in this price segment?
  2. How bad is the red tint issue? Is it a hardware defect? Are all devices affected? Will future software updates fix the issue? I will have the display brightness set to lowest almost all the time, so this issue is a deal breaker for me.

I am from India and here the device is available only through flipkart, which is not a buyer friendly platform. Returning or getting the device replaced would be a major headache, so I need to know if the device is worth buying.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Planning to buy the rog phone 2
Red tint is there but that's the only issue with this phone. Otherwise the screen is pretty good and colors are really natural. Not like the other oversaturated displays and 120hz is just amazing!. Also the best part is the battery life. For camera we can always use gcam it improves the photos a lot. If you can handle a big phone with big frame, buy it.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
rizwanasghar450

Dont buy if you Playing PUBG or wanna be Conqueror on...

Ready my Post fully

I recently buy an ASUS ROG 2 ZS660KL 12gb RAM 512gb ROM TENCENT VERSION For Playing PUBG ,After two month my phone Has Screen Burn in on Navigation bar.ASUS Leader dont want to reply me on my thread they know Oled problem .you dont play regular game max 40 min ,so why they make beas phone for gaming .The page admin did not replying me on my thread they know big prob how to satisfy to customer with screen burn in issue.The put price on high but ..you can read my thread by clicking on below link,I would never prefer for buy this for playing pubg,otherwise its good phone for Youtube and else.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13651/asus-rog-phone-ii-zs660kl-screen-burn-in-help-me#latest

View post
I have already replied you in this thread
rizwanasghar450

K7RQL999WCZN.jpg

Hi there All ,im new here i bought Asus ROG phone 2 ZS660KL 12gb Ram 512gb Rom Tencent Version.I buy this For Gaming ,Pubg ETC.I heard its beast for Gaming ,After 1 month Playing Pubg on my mobile With 60fps Frame with low Graphics with Ultra Frame Rate 70-80% Brightness,Without Connecting Charger , playing Time 3 hour Regular twice in a day with Full Battery.My Phone has Burn in Screen on navigation Bar and Very low Notice able Line in mid of Screen when We using White Web pages .So why this is happening .Is there any solution or it was my money waisting on Asus Rog phone .I switched from Galaxy NOTE 8 And NOTE 9 for Gaming , If this phone made for games why this happening.Im attaching a picture of Burn in On Navigation bar right side below Light Green Colour ,everyone can see Clearly.Picutre Taken from Galaxy Note 9 ,Just look at navigation bar on back button other lines is camera Effect in Low light.

ASUS ROG PHONE 2 -ZS660KL (Burn In Screen or Ghost or Shade) Help me