This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widevine L1 lost on Asus Zenfone 5z

zainzidane
Star I
After updating to Android 10 I seem to have lost the widevine L1 certificate all of a sudden. When I checked on Netflix it says that my device has L3 certificate (check screenshot). Is this a know bug? Please help.
However the DRM info app shows the device has L1 certificate (check screenshot). Is it a problem with Netflix then?
BC95JR5B4C6N.jpg

BL562JKRP1LB.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Nivesh
Rising Star II
zainzidane

After updating to Android 10 I seem to have lost the widevine L1 certificate all of a sudden. When I checked on Netflix it says that my device has L3 certificate (check screenshot). Is this a know bug? Please help.

However the DRM info app shows the device has L1 certificate (check screenshot). Is it a problem with Netflix then?

BC95JR5B4C6N.jpg

BL562JKRP1LB.jpg

Widevine L1 lost on Asus Zenfone 5z
U got ota or u update d manually pls tell

zainzidane
Star I
Nivesh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13770/widevine-l1-lost-on-asus-zenfone-5z

U got ota or u update d manually pls tell

View post
I updated it manually

itsareejit
Star I
I updated via FOTA yesterday and can confirm this. NetFlix or Amazon Prime not playing in full HD. Some previous bugs have returned also. SD card sometimes not detected on reboot/startup, recent apps disappears but comes back on launching a different app.

williamseppelfe
Star II
I updated via FOTA and the same problem is happening here, the DRM check shows L1, Netflix only shows L3, and don't stream on HD anymore, anyone found a solution for it?
I remember that same thing happened with the update from android 8 to 9.... Where's someone from Asus to give us a solution??