cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device reboots during charging

edamber
Star II
Hello
My Zenfone 6 reboots during charging. Usually happens after like 3-4 hours. The phone is not overheated or anything. Am I the only one with this problem? Never happens when it's unplugged from charger. Shall I just ship it for service?
Last night I tried another outlet in the house and it didn't reboot, had it plugged in for 2-3 hours. Such a wierd problem.

8 REPLIES 8

edamber
Star II
@CH_ASUS Yes it is happening with original charger, tried different outlets and even did a factory reset on the phone. Now its gone from restarts to shutting down and really hard to boot up again. Have to hold power and volume and try serveral times.
Started a benchmark app and did a stress test, phone rebooted after 20% progress on the test.

sivamani242
Rising Star I
edamber

@CH_ASUS Yes it is happening with original charger, tried different outlets and even did a factory reset on the phone. Now its gone from restarts to shutting down and really hard to boot up again. Have to hold power and volume and try serveral times.

Started a benchmark app and did a stress test, phone rebooted after 20% progress on the test.

View post
Since it was a reboot issue , i think it was a motherboard issue , i observed in some of asus 6z devices including mine when phone is stressed heavily or heated heavily at that time worked fine but during cooling process i.e after 10 - 15 minutes devices restarts automatically,
May be motherboard problem
As you mentioned that mobile is not restarting in another soket , did you observed charging time ? If it was fast then it is not motherboard problem, if it was slow then definitely seems to be motherboard problem,rush to nearest service centre

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
edamber

View post
It seems there could be a hardware issue at heart. As such would advise you to seek your local Asus service for a warranty repair (if indeed it is a hardware issue).

edamber
Star II
@CH_ASUS Yeah makes sense, sent it in today. Hopefully they fix it quick or send a replacement. Thanks for replies!