This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every FOTA update has some new bugs on ROG2

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
@asus Team, It looks like an every FOTA update for ROG 2 comes with some new bugs rather than fixing old issues. Could you check with devs for this strange behaviour? Is FOTA distrub basic/core functionally of Android. I was a OnePlus user and I never had such issues. I like the ROG 2 very much except some frustrating issue. This can be great phone if you test the FOTA properly or find out the cause of new issues on every update.
Listing out few examples.
1. Unresponsive Touch after Latest Update.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13365/unresponsive-touch-after-latest-update#latest
venkatarahul98

After the latest update i am experiencing touch issues..when i take my phone and after unlocking it doesnt respond to my touch. Have to wait for few seconds or have to unlock few times then only it comes back to normal. its so annoying. and sometimes even the fingerprint doesnt respond... please do something about this ASUS as soon as possible cant wait for another month to fix this.. this is a very serious issue. This started happening after the latest update. before it wasnt there.

Unresponsive Touch after Latest Update.
2. Refresh rate option is greyed out
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12914/refresh-rate-option-is-greyed-out#latest
3. App Notification background colour keeps changing
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12748/app-notification-background-colour-keeps-changing#lates...
and more....

8 REPLIES 8

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
How about enabling VoLte yea ? that is important too.

and_foretech
Star II
VoWiFi, very important as well

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
@LP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS , Looping them to understand the problem with FOTA. I'm not feeling happy that I get updates regularly, instead I'm worried to update them.
Could you take this feedback to your team to investigate FOTA changing existing functionalities.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
This is the reason why I didn't update mine with recent firmware. Minor UI bugs can be ignored but I can't live with unresponsive touched, excessive battery drains , broken functionality etc...
I'm very familiar with Asus Zenfones. Had Zenfone Max, my mom currently uses Zenfone 3s Max, my close friends use Zenfone M2. One similar thing I see with all these phones is bad software updates. Every update breaks one thing or another. Just go to Asus India page and check user comments, you'll understand degree of situation. All these boil down to one simple understanding.
Devs don't test the software properly before pushing to users. To me ROG 2 will be my last Asus. I've bought this phone for only 2 things, 6000mAh battery which isn't living upto expectations and AirTriggers which can be substituted with triggers attached. I've had LG V30 for 2 years in which it never got frequent updates but the ones which it got were absolutely bug free and never had any performance issues. My experience with Asus is very different here. I thought ROG 2 is Asus's flagship but I see Asus is not treating it as flagship. Heavily skinned mid tier phones are also getting monthly security updates but ROG 2 phone is not ???.
Hope devs read this and take this higer level.