This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issues in Asus zenfone 6 after upgrading to android 10

gannu_akhil
Star II
Even though the features in android 10 are exciting, there are many performance issues after upgrading to android 10 in Asus 6Z.
Some of the most irritating things I found after upgrading to android 10 are,
1) Fingerprint unlock got slower: Fingerprint unlock takes a long time for the display to unlock. Earlier in Android 9 pie, it was very fast to unlock the display. But now, it takes more than a second(sometimes even more) to unlock and after unlocking the display, unlock animation(transition from lock screen wallpaper to home screen wallpaper) doesn't look fine and we can experience a lag.
2) Too many lags: After the update, I experienced a lot of lags in switching between the recent apps and for general use as well.
3) Battery draining fastly: The most depressing problem I faced is fast draining of the battery after upgrading to the Android 10. Earlier, I had to just charge the phone once in two days, but now I had to charge the battery everyday.
I hope all these bugs get fixed as soon as possible by upcoming updates. Due to these bugs, I am starting to hate my decision of opting for Asus rather than Oneplus.
107 REPLIES 107

PIxEL
Star II
And I when i do Screenshot (power+vol -) i have empty img. I have installed fix update to Android 10.

compilation number:
ww. 17.1810. 1910. 73
qp1a. 190711.005.ww_ Phone.-17. 1810.1910. 73
32D4BVE8K6PY.jpg

_jis_
Zen Master III
It is very important that anyone who reports any bugs in Android 10 mention whether they have performed a factory reset after a major update or not.

Mr_Doge
Star III
Anders_ASUS

I read some comment from users that had success in fixing their system lag without a reset by downloading the full FW from our homepage and install that one instead of updating via our incremental FOTA which is maybe 300mb vs the full FW which is 1.9Gb.

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

I have no idea if this really works but it's worth a try. So if you experience lag, next time we release a new FW, don't install it via FOTA. Instead download it from our homepage. This will overwrite more system files than if you upgrade via FOTA which in theory could fix your lag issue.

Please feedback here if it works or not

View post
The .73 update solved it for me, even with OTA. I think a lot of people haven't installed it yet because it doesn't alerts you when there is an available update (at least for me). The ram management is still more aggressive at closing background apps than Android 9 though.

Fast charging is not enabling after new update , sound is very jerk , people on another phone cant listen properly due to jerk sound ! Give us update immediately or we gonna switch to one plus the trusted brand!! I cant trust asus anymore!!

hoverbover
Star I
I'm not experiencing any of the issues others are experiencing, but I am experiencing random / often disconnects when connecting to my car via USB. Android auto can't keep a connection as a result. It seems the Bluetooth is disconnecting as well, but this may only happen while the USB is connected and unable to maintain connection. I am not 100% sure. Hoping for a fix soon.