This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge the Asus Rog Phone 2 without the "fast charging" feature. Is it possible?

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Hi!
Because of several research I made on the internet, I found that fast charging your phone is not good for the lifespam of the battery. I cannot quote the reasons since I'm no expert on the matter, but the conclusion I reached was basically that one.
So starting from the premise that what I concluded is correct, I wanted to know if there's an option on the settings to turn fast charging off so that I can healthily charge my phone at night when I don't need any fast chargin process going on. Is that possible? If yes is the answer, how can I do it?
Thanks in advance.
15 REPLIES 15

julienvd93
Rising Star II
A large DOD and SOC of 100% is much more damaging compared to "fast charging".
Read this:https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
You can use the built-in powermaster feature to stop your phone from charging over 80% and extend the life cycle of the battery significantly.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
I don't know much about batteries to be honest, I read a lot of articles and watch videos but when I check the dates the articles were written like 4 years or 2 years ago and the videos too. Telling me to keep the battery at 40% to 80% or even 65% to 75% but the thing is technology is rapidly changing so I am not sure if those articles or videos are even relevant anymore.
Currently I am keeping my phone at 85% to 100% of course my eyes are glued on the phone because once it hits 100% I stop charging immediately and just use the phone until the next charge.
Not sure if I am doing it right. some of you might probably say...I am digging my phone's battery grave way too early...
But my phone is not hot at all when I keep it 85% to 100% when charging...compared to when I charge it from say 60% to 80%...
so can someone who is expert on this shed some light for me ? oh yea my battery temp while charging from 85% to 100% is 28.7 degrees Celsius.
The rules I have only created for myself to keep the batteries cool even while charging it and to stop charging immediately after it reaches 100%

julienvd93
Rising Star II
jetjosh92

I don't know much about batteries to be honest, I read a lot of articles and watch videos but when I check the dates the articles were written like 4 years or 2 years ago and the videos too. Telling me to keep the battery at 40% to 80% or even 65% to 75% but the thing is technology is rapidly changing so I am not sure if those articles or videos are even relevant anymore.

Currently I am keeping my phone at 85% to 100% of course my eyes are glued on the phone because once it hits 100% I stop charging immediately and just use the phone until the next charge.

Not sure if I am doing it right. some of you might probably say...I am digging my phone's battery grave way too early...

But my phone is not hot at all when I keep it 85% to 100% when charging...compared to when I charge it from say 60% to 80%...

so can someone who is expert on this shed some light for me ? oh yea my battery temp while charging from 85% to 100% is 28.7 degrees Celsius.

The rules I have only created for myself to keep the batteries cool even while charging it and to stop charging immediately after it reaches 100%

View post
Study the link in my previous post and you will understand why keeping you battery at a higher charge level is not beneficial for the battery life cycle.
The subject of the link that I sent are lithium based batteries, the same ones you are using in your phone.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
julienvd93

A large DOD and SOC of 100% is much more damaging compared to "fast charging".

Read this:https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

You can use the built-in powermaster feature to stop your phone from charging over 80% and extend the life cycle of the battery significantly.

View post
What does DOD and SOC stand for?

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
gonzaaa.92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32330#Comment_32330

What does DOD and SOC stand for?

View post
depth of discharge and State of charge