This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2

chan
Star I
I am planning to buy this device, but from reading the reviews and the posts in this forum, I'm concerned about a few things.
How good is the display? Does it have punchy blacks? How is the display quality when compared to other flagships in this price segment?
How bad is the red tint issue? Is it a hardware defect? Are all devices affected? Will future software updates fix the issue? I will have the display brightness set to lowest almost all the time, so this issue is a deal breaker for me.
I am from India and here the device is available only through flipkart, which is not a buyer friendly platform. Returning or getting the device replaced would be a major headache, so I need to know if the device is worth buying.
Thanks in advance. 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

staradhish
Rising Star I
aayhaayoui

I agree with above all but as far as performance is there 5****

View post
Performance is due to the Qualcomm chipset, which will be replicated if you get any device with Snapdragon 855.

aayhaayoui
Star II
All major brands using the same chipset with 845/855 or plus. Design also matters plus handful of accessories

OPC
Zen Master II
It's worth buying, but with the 30w charger.

Mvarun
Rising Star I
aayhaayoui

All major brands using the same chipset with 845/855 or plus. Design also matters plus handful of accessories

View post
It's a pretty decent difference in 845 to 855 and a bigger diff on 845 to 855+. And the accessories still aren't launched in India

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
staradhish

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32306#Comment_32306

Performance is due to the Qualcomm chipset, which will be replicated if you get any device with Snapdragon 855.

View post
I disagree. That is not the case in all the phones. I had SD 835 chip set phone but it beats POCO f1 (SD 845) in all aspects. My friend who has poco f1 felt really bad after seeing real time comparison. Also, some phones will degrade the performance after few months of usage and I have noticed it in Samsung devices.
Qualcomm Chipset alone is not enough to give best performance. All the hardware quality in the device (eg., UFS Storage, motherboard) and software should be good.
Asus is good in quality of chips and motherboard. There are always some exception cases for hardware failure.