This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2

chan
Star I
I am planning to buy this device, but from reading the reviews and the posts in this forum, I'm concerned about a few things.
How good is the display? Does it have punchy blacks? How is the display quality when compared to other flagships in this price segment?
How bad is the red tint issue? Is it a hardware defect? Are all devices affected? Will future software updates fix the issue? I will have the display brightness set to lowest almost all the time, so this issue is a deal breaker for me.
I am from India and here the device is available only through flipkart, which is not a buyer friendly platform. Returning or getting the device replaced would be a major headache, so I need to know if the device is worth buying.
Thanks in advance. 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
chan

I am planning to buy this device, but from reading the reviews and the posts in this forum, I'm concerned about a few things.

1. How good is the display? Does it have punchy blacks? How is the display quality when compared to other flagships in this price segment?
  2. How bad is the red tint issue? Is it a hardware defect? Are all devices affected? Will future software updates fix the issue? I will have the display brightness set to lowest almost all the time, so this issue is a deal breaker for me.

I am from India and here the device is available only through flipkart, which is not a buyer friendly platform. Returning or getting the device replaced would be a major headache, so I need to know if the device is worth buying.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Planning to buy the rog phone 2
Hi!
I'm an owner of the phone and I'm absolutely conformable and happy with my purchase a while ago. I had no such issues with the screen but I guess it's normal that some units come defective from factory: It's electronic and that happens all the time. It's also very understandable that here what you'll see are people posting "Hey I have this problem" or "Hey, I have that problem" but it's extremely unlikely to see someone creating a post just to say how well the screen works or the phone in general. Just go ahead and see it for yourself: get into one of samsungs forums for example and look how many people post their problems with the phone.
Believe me: The screen is one of the best screens on a phone I've ever seen. Not only because of the 120Hrz (which in itself is a lot and means a huge difference between 60hrz) but also because of the latency or response of the screen which is, simply, beautiful.

staradhish
Rising Star I
The display is not as good as Oneplus or Realme, the blacks aren't punchy as other competitors.
Red tint issue is bad, I personally feel it is a hardware issue but the community is divided on the same, also there is no official response from Asus even after 5 months of the launch, so I am not sure whether it will be fixed in the future. If you are keeping your display brightness to low, you will see red tint everywhere because the entire UI is of grey color.

Mvarun
Rising Star I
Yeah the red tint issue is pretty bad and it does seem like a hardware issue. The brightness doesn't go down that low either so i have to use an app like pixel filter or twilight to make it dimmer.

aayhaayoui
Star II
I agree with above all but as far as performance is there 5****