This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely sensitive microphone ZenFone 6

Hi All, wife has ZenFone 6, when doing video chat using Whatsapp with her, it's like she's in an airport, I can hear everything around her, to the point I can't hear her. I'm talking TV, people outside, etc. I'm on a Samsung, this happens with everyone she chats with, iphones & Androids, Facebook too. Is there any noise cancelling on this device? Perhaps a setting she missed? Note: she just switched from iPhone, she wants to go back if I can't solve this, so any help is much appreciated!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

off2fly115
Rising Star II
kevinboston999

Hi All, wife has ZenFone 6, when doing video chat using Whatsapp with her, it's like she's in an airport, I can hear everything around her, to the point I can't hear her. I'm talking TV, people outside, etc. I'm on a Samsung, this happens with everyone she chats with, iphones & Androids, Facebook too. Is there any noise cancelling on this device? Perhaps a setting she missed? Note: she just switched from iPhone, she wants to go back if I can't solve this, so any help is much appreciated!!!!

Extremely sensitive microphone ZenFone 6
Idk what is happening to your phone but, every other user including myself have been experiencing the OPPOSITE problem. In 3rd party apps such as Snapchat and Instagram, the microphone is extremely quiet to the point we need to shout into the mic to hear anything. The mic works perfectly fine *I think* in the main Asus camera app since is sounds the same. I haven't tested it too much..But as for 3rd party apps, the mic is definitely extremely quiet. Almost unusable quiet. Kindest regards - Branden

_jis_
Zen Master III
@kevinboston999
If your wife uses a case or cover, try it once without cover if it gets better.

_jis_

@kevinboston999

If your wife uses a case or cover, try it once without cover if it gets better.

View post
Yeah, after I posted, I thought the same thing..... I'll check that, thanks!!!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Any improvement? Please make a recording so we can hear the issue for ourselves. It would also be great if you can record the audio at the same time using a device where you're satisfied with the recording