cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Calling Screen [Annoy Screen]

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
This app is has more bugs than features. Bugs:
- Heads-up notification doesn't work(even if I enable it)
- Calling screen won't let me to go back to any other app while the phone is ringing.
- Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off (option to turn off the proximity sensor doesn't work). To make it worse, the proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center.
58 REPLIES 58

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi
We are in dialogue with our devs about this behavior. However I would like to clarify misinformation being spread in here.

"Every other smartphone brand in the market behaves the same way to a power button press during the call. "

OnePlus Android 10 (didnt try on 9) - If user press Power Key during call to turn off the screen - their gesture sensing will still activate it again (lowering the phone up and downfrom the ear).
Huawei - If user press Power Key during call to turn off the screen - their gesture sensing will still activate it again (lowering the phone up and downfrom the ear).

_jis_
Zen Master III
@CH_ASUS
But this thread is about proximity sensor (which turns display on automatically while on call even if user press power button to turn display off), not about gesture sensing control that can be turned on or off in the Settings

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II

_jis_

@CH_ASUS

But this thread is about proximity sensor (which turns display on automatically while on call even if user press power button to turn display off), not about gesture sensing control that can be turned on or off in the Settings

View post
Yes, in the case of OnePlus 7 , they dont have a proximity sensor.
So their behavior is mimicked by gestures/motion and so on. But the point remains in that even if you press power key to turn off the screen during a call - the screen will still turn on by itself if you move it away from your ear to look at it. And that is also what Asus calling app does.

And same for Huawei.

That being said, we're in the middle of this topic internally - we havent forgotten - but as a fact - we are not the only vendor doing it this way.

_jis_
Zen Master III
OK, so Asus is one of the few vendors who do it that way, but everyone else does it the normal way.
Since I would never buy Huawei and I do not want to buy One Plus, so I have never met with it.
I have personal experience with Sony, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Nexus, Xiaomi over past 9 years so far and Asus ZenFone 6 is my first Android phone with this - I am sorry to say it - strange behaviour.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II

_jis_

OK, so Asus is one of the few vendors who do it that way, but everyone else does it the normal way.

Since I would never buy Huawei and I do not want to buy One Plus, so I have never met with it.

I have personal experience with Sony, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Nexus, Xiaomi over past 9 years so far and Asus ZenFone 6 is my first Android phone with this - I am sorry to say it - strange behaviour.

View post
We are not arguing with anyone here that you think this behavior is weird / illogical. I believe it is perfectly right for you (and others in this thread) to not like this behaviour in the Call Screen.

However I wanted to set it straight that Asus is not "the only one" as some make it seem (I really haven't tried the other vendors yet on Android 10, if they made changes over time).

Either way, the key is still that we are at least discussing this internally and hopefully it would lead to a re-think of the logics in place.