This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network speed meter - Automation.

Saran
Rising Star II
There should be an option for automatically hiding the network speed meter when internet is turned off . Sometimes it shows data flow even though network is turned off, I know data can't flow if network is turned off. It's just I open chrome or any network related apps thinking data is turned on because of this leading to the those apps telling me to turn on internet. It's just bad user experience. @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS
14 REPLIES 14

evnchn
Rising Star II
Some third party ROMs and network meters hide the meter when zero traffic, maybe something to look into

Saran
Rising Star II
evnchn

Some third party ROMs and network meters hide the meter when zero traffic, maybe something to look into

View post
Woah, installing a custom rom for network meter extension?

evnchn
Rising Star II
Some custom roms provide inbuilt network speed meter functionality [check xda], but they implement it better than ASUS. that’s the point. Also some apps exist and you try it out

Saran
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS having this option would be great. I'm sure you too have run in to this issue. You can imagine how frustrating it can be to be asked by the apps to turn on internet connection because of no option to automatically hide network meter when internet is turned off.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II

Saran

There should be an option for automatically hiding the network speed meter when internet is turned off . Sometimes it shows data flow even though network is turned off, I know data can't flow if network is turned off. It's just I open chrome or any network related apps thinking data is turned on because of this leading to the those apps telling me to turn on internet. It's just bad user experience. @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS

Network speed meter - Automation.
While I understand what you mean insofar that there is no need for "Network speed" to be shown when the device is in Flight Mode or with Data turned off - but to take the reasoning an extra step in saying that "because you see network speed at 0 B/s - you think data is ON when it is not" is quite a fringe case.

Apps asking you to turn on data (when data is off) is not related to network speed being displayed in the status bar or not.

We've included this in our feature request although I believe this would hold a lower priority vs. many of the other items we've been given as feedback from all of you.