This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst camera in ROG 2

Yuvaa
Star I
After 10days of usage feeling that i bought a wrong device in cAmera quality... Particularly night time snaps very horrible... Feeling that rog 2 have VGA camera.
11 REPLIES 11

OPC
Zen Master II
Yes, GCam gives better results than Asus software, particularly night mode. For me it's not that important as I mostly use manual settings. In manual settings Asus camera app gives best sharpness. Few other camera apps give the same sharpness as Asus. Most of them don't. I also use Manual Camera app, Footej camera app, FV5 app, 1998 cam and 7 or 8 other apps. Filmic pro for video. But photography is my passion. To people that want instant good results I recommend GCam. I downloaded it from XDA developers. I hope it has no malicious software.

Akxeto
Star III
Omg. Who is buying gaming phone for camera quality ?! Can't get it ?! Overall it's far better camera than other gaming phone. But you can't compare it against other flagships as some of them are only focused on camera.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I believe that most of users that are complaining, actually don't know what they're complaining about and the other part of users that do know, are just asking too much. They want the same performance as the top flagship phones.
Those that don't know, that's comparing our camera to a 5 year old and much cheaper phone have not used the correct setting or, they were unintentionally shaking when taking the picture. During night time it's almost impossible to take good pictures without the hands of a surgeon.
Here's a good example of a user that made this kind of comparison and then changed his mind after some further testing.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31656#Comment_31656

OPC
Zen Master II
Anders_ASUS
You don't do yourself justice here! What is a "top flagship phone"? For me it's Rog 2. When the right mode chosen for the job, it can do amazing photos, like this photo in portrait mode
9OJ3PNBVE98P.jpg

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Lols can't compare ROG phone 2 to huawei or the rest but come on you got to admit it is better than the first ROG Phone and it is quite good in its class ? yea ?