This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT UPDATE TO ANDROID 10... *FOR NOW*

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Now, I think I speak for the majority of us when I say that the latest update for the Zenfone 6 has completely ruined everything. I absolutely loved my Zenfone 6. I still do. I babied it to death and it kills me that the latest update from 11/25/2019 ruined so many things.
1. Battery consumption has massively increased. I used to get around 2 days on a single charge with Android 9 but now I barely get a day.
2. The camera quality has become so bad compared to how it used to be before. I upgraded to the Zenfone 6 from my old Zenfone 3 solely for the camera. It took stunningly beautiful pictures until I updated to Android 10 today. Now, all pictures look over exposed. There is also noticable lag when recording a video and taking pictures in general and all of this is just a huge let down. The camera has so much potential and I would hate to see it go down the toilet because of an update.
3. Not many people have mentioned this but, the microphone quality has also become very bad/quiet. I take many Snapchat videos with friends and etc and until now, the microphone was perfect. It would record everything loud and clear. When I played the video back, the sound was perfect and I could hear everything that was going on in the video. Ever since the latest update that I downloaded today, the microphone has become EXTREMELY quiet. Now, whenever I record a video with friends and have music playing in the back... I have to turn the music up and tell my friends to speak up so that I will be able to hear them in video. It's kinda embarrassing. This phone was amazing, and I know it still can be. Whatever you guys did in this update, I hope you guys and can fix it.
IMPORTANT
Please let me know if you have any idea when the next update from Fota will be released. I am hoping that the next update will fix and solve all of these issues.
5 REPLIES 5

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
We¨ve released two versions on Android 10.
If you do not have huge concerns, you may try to reset your device - as that may solve some of the issues faced.

Battery drain issues can be many different reasons - but some we found out so far from users is that some apps would get stuck in the background draining battery, root cause can be various but several users also reported doing a full update made it better vs. making the incremental FOTA update.

We'll keep issuing updates and improve the experience!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
CH_ASUS

If you do not have huge concerns, you may try to reset your device - as that may solve some of the issues faced.

Battery drain issues can be many different reasons - but some we found out so far from users is that some apps would get stuck in the background draining battery, root cause can be various but several users also reported doing a full update made it better vs. making the incremental FOTA update.

View post
For zenfone 5Z no one has got any FOTA in india its been 7 days since release of android 10 please take a look into zenfone 5Z discussion section as well many users are frustated but no one is there to help us out nor in old forum nor here only at the time of beta teasting u used to reply users why not after release also as android 10 is release why dont u open up 5Z DISCUSSION SECTION here as we users will get easy accesses to problem solutions from all u mods also INDIA ASUS posted socially everywhere that official android 10 is now available but non of the user got it via FOTA
Was this a marketing strategy to gain media attention ???

Also take a look on ASUS WEBSITE TO TRY MANUAL UPDATE BUT EVEN THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOW UP ABOUT ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE atleast u would have uploaded full firmware on website so that it may be easy for all users to access those who cnt wait for fota also many users those who have updated they did it manually via diffrent platforms like telegram or 3rd party websites but AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT WHY ASUS IS NOT EVEN REPLYING NOR UPDATING FIRMWARE ON WEBSITE ALSO ZENCARE ONLINE SUPPORT EXECUTIVE ARE NOT KNOWN ABOUT RELEASE THEY SAY NO ANY FIRMWARE IS RELEASED YET FOR 5Z
What kind of service is this USERS ARE FRUSTED CHECK FANCHAT SECTION IN OLD ZENTALK AND EVEN HERE EVERY MOD IS SILENT ??‍♀️ THATS PATHETIC ASUS
m user since 1st gen for asus never exprinced such kind of FOTA issues or anything for any new android versions but this time EVEN AFTER WAITING FOR A WEEK USERS ARE NOT GETTING FOTA AND WEBSITE HAS NO NEW FIRMWARE AS WELL FOR MANUAL UPDATE plz suggest US WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
@CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS ??‍♂️??
Frusted 5Z USERS WE KNOW OUR SUPPORT IS ABOUT TO END VERY SOON BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU IGNORE US AS WE ARE THE REASON FOR TO APPRECIATE UR TECHNOLOGY AND TRY THEM IN OUR LYFSTYLES @and06tw

off2fly115
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS

View post
I don't think I want to factory reset my phone as I have a good amount of songs that I don't want to redownload but, I will definitely be looking forward to the next few updates! Thank you for always replying so quickly. Kindest regards - Branden

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31982#Comment_31982

For zenfone 5Z no one has got any FOTA in india its been 7 days since release of android 10 please take a look into zenfone 5Z discussion section as well many users are frustated but no one is there to help us out nor in old forum nor here only at the time of beta teasting u used to reply users why not after release also as android 10 is release why dont u open up 5Z DISCUSSION SECTION here as we users will get easy accesses to problem solutions from all u mods also INDIA ASUS posted socially everywhere that official android 10 is now available but non of the user got it via FOTA

Was this a marketing strategy to gain media attention ???

Also take a look on ASUS WEBSITE TO TRY MANUAL UPDATE BUT EVEN THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOW UP ABOUT ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE atleast u would have uploaded full firmware on website so that it may be easy for all users to access those who cnt wait for fota also many users those who have updated they did it manually via diffrent platforms like telegram or 3rd party websites but AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT WHY ASUS IS NOT EVEN REPLYING NOR UPDATING FIRMWARE ON WEBSITE ALSO ZENCARE ONLINE SUPPORT EXECUTIVE ARE NOT KNOWN ABOUT RELEASE THEY SAY NO ANY FIRMWARE IS RELEASED YET FOR 5Z

What kind of service is this USERS ARE FRUSTED CHECK FANCHAT SECTION IN OLD ZENTALK AND EVEN HERE EVERY MOD IS SILENT ??‍♀️ THATS PATHETIC ASUS

m user since 1st gen for asus never exprinced such kind of FOTA issues or anything for any new android versions but this time EVEN AFTER WAITING FOR A WEEK USERS ARE NOT GETTING FOTA AND WEBSITE HAS NO NEW FIRMWARE AS WELL FOR MANUAL UPDATE plz suggest US WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

@CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS ??‍♂️??

Frusted 5Z USERS WE KNOW OUR SUPPORT IS ABOUT TO END VERY SOON BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU IGNORE US AS WE ARE THE REASON FOR TO APPRECIATE UR TECHNOLOGY AND TRY THEM IN OUR LYFSTYLES @and06tw

View post
ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL) Driver & Tools | Phone | ASUS GlobalLook for this one; dated Nov 27.
6B462RW3C96C.png