This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Files not Supported

horus2011
Star II
Ever since I loaded my music to my Zenfone 6 I have been unable to play any of my music audio files that are NOT mp3. Is anyone else having an issue with .wav files nit being supported and being unable to play?
5 REPLIES 5

Kroy
Star III
I had a sound as a ringtone which I'd recorded using my previous phone (not sure what file type it was), which this one wouldn't play (saying that it wasn't an MP3).
I recorded a new sound using this phone & it has accepted it to use as a ringtone.....

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Regardless of which player you're using?
Can you play this file
Sample .wav download | File Examples Download

horus2011
Star II
So, I was able to play the downloaded.wav file. It seems the issue is with playing my .wma files. Is there an update for this issue or a recommendation for an application to use?

_jis_
Zen Master III
horus2011

So, I was able to play the downloaded.wav file. It seems the issue is with playing my .wma files. Is there an update for this issue or a recommendation for an application to use?

View post
Ok, so you have no problem playing the WAV format but the WMA format.
Check this page with various sample files:
Sample FilesI downloaded the song in WMA format and tried it on my phone. The default Google Play Music app can't play it, but it's no wonder. Fortunately, I have two other apps on my phone that don't have a problem: the MiXplorer file manager and the Poweramp music player.