This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 6 Android 10 Bugs *With Screenshots*

off2fly115
Rising Star II
I just updated to Android 10 on my Zenfone 6 about 30min and immediately I noticed a lot of changes and bugs. Here's a list of bugs that I personally found and noticed.
1. Screen used to fade off when turning the screen off in Android 9 but in Android 10, when turning the screen off it is no longer a fade effect. It just turns off immediately really doesn't look that nice compared to how it used to look in Android 9. The screen still has a fade effect when turning the screen on tho, but I guess they took it away for turning the screen off. Idk why they would do this. I personally love the fade effect when turning on and off the screen and I just can't understand why they would keep it for when you turn on the screen but not for when you turn it off. Please let me know if your screen no longer has a fade effect when turning off the screen as well.
2. When you play music from a app such as Poweramp, there is notification that appears on the lock screen which is completely normal. It's there so that you can pause and resume a song. In Android 10 though however, the notification is still there which is cool but, now it completely changes the lock screen wallpaper to the album cover the song you're listening to. I went through and messed with a bunch of settings in Poweramp and my system settings to see if it was an issue I could resolve myself but I just can't find anything that seems to be causing it besides the update for Android 10. I will post some screenshots down below to show what I mean.
3. Camera. I loved this phone's camera. This phone's camera was ABSOLUTELY amazing in Android 9 but I just can't help but noticed the degrade in quality in Android 10. The whole camera seems to be laggy and the quality of pictures and videos seems to have just gone down in general. There are other forums talking about the degrade in camera quality in Android 10 so I know I'm not the only one who's facing this issue.
4. The battery. I feel strongly that the battery life span has gone down since Android 10. Until today, my battery was amazing with Android 9. But now, as I'm writing this post with Android 10, the battery has gone down 8% in 30min. I have no apps running in the background and my battery health is good and I'm the green zone which means I've been charging it correctly and not overdoing it.
That is it for now. I love my phone and baby it a lot so I'm kinda bummed that Android 10 had to bring so many bugs to it. Though, Android 10 is still fairly new so I understand that it is still not perfect. Please let me know if you are facing any of issues that I listed above or something similar. Anything would help. Thanks! - Branden
*Screenshots below are examples for the 2nd problem I listed above about the lock screen wallpaper changing while listening to music.*
XFXSY9RUKW49.jpg
MFDLQ7O5IU9I.jpg
Q78UDEOLTS67.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Rustylord
Rising Star II
I don't feel the 2nd feature to be a bug, it's cool actually

off2fly115
Rising Star II
nishaanth5000

I don't feel the 2nd feature to be a bug, it's cool actually

View post
You might be right! The more I use it the 2nd feature is starting to grow on me ? not so sure about 1 3 and 4 tho...

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Regarding point 2, this is the native design of Android 10. Other Android phones and Pixels have the same effect. There is no way to turn it off from the system settings But you can try to find out if there is an option in the settings of the music app that you don't want to show album art, maybe you can turn it off here Or turn on the wallpaper carousel function, it wo n’t display when playing music

off2fly115
Rising Star II
kikoly

Regarding point 2, this is the native design of Android 10. Other Android phones and Pixels have the same effect. There is no way to turn it off from the system settings But you can try to find out if there is an option in the settings of the music app that you don't want to show album art, maybe you can turn it off here Or turn on the wallpaper carousel function, it wo n’t display when playing music

View post
Ahh I see! Now that I've used it for a few hours, it's starting to grow on me and I actually have started to like it. Glad to know that this one isn't an actual issue. Wish I could say the same for 1 3 and 4 😕