This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Trigger issue

nightsilvance
Star III
Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
314 REPLIES 314

Aliplaygames
Star II
Easoth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31378#Comment_31378

I'm having the same issues, the back of the phone triggers the red air trigger.

You mentioned having the problem after the update.. does that mean it's a software issue?

View post
IMO its more of a coinsidance. Because the phone i have now is working fine and it had all the same updates as the first one that had the issue of the right air trigger.
Also the pressing of the back of the phone is not a new thing, it was there, but after the last update it got much more sensitive, as ASUS is probably trying to fix the flickering with software updates. Before it was not sensitive enough to press accidently.
If this is software, why dosent everyone have these issues?
Also my first phone, the one with the issue had something wrong with the right trigger from the start, but it wasnt noticable, only later i noticed the same pressure aplyed to both side triggers gave diferent levels values. And after the update it progressed to the max. So again i think it was there from the start as a factory defected unit.
The only thing i didnt try on the phone that works fine is the squeeze function, that would use a lot of pressure to activate and uses the right trigger we are having issue with.

Aliplaygames
Star II
Sightrasher

I was going to buy this phone, so lucky I found on YouTube a video where a guy talks about this issue. So I did some Google searches and end up here and on similar threads on Reddit and XDA.

As everyone is getting this issue differently, it must be hardware issue and not software.

Will at least Ultimate version fix this? A gaming phone with unreliable triggers, bah...

View post
Its not so bad. Dosent seem to be that many faulty units considering the big quantity of these phones sold. Including the tencent version.
But still, after the expirience, not much fun living in fear that the trigger might fail unexpectedly, and ruin your day, or weekend as it was for me and having no phone for a month until rapair or replacement procedures take place.
Im surprised of everyones patience still hoping for a magic update after a month has passed living with the issue. Thats what warranty is for.
The ultimate is the same phone just double the storage (1TB), better 4G conectivity and matte back glass. Might have missed some thing, but thats it.

Sightrasher
Star I
Aliplaygames

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31439#Comment_31439

Its not so bad. Dosent seem to be that many faulty units considering the big quantity of these phones sold. Including the tencent version.

But still, after the expirience, not much fun living in fear that the trigger might fail unexpectedly, and ruin your day, or weekend as it was for me and having no phone for a month until rapair or replacement procedures take place.

Im surprised of everyones patience still hoping for a magic update after a month has passed living with the issue. Thats what warranty is for.

The ultimate is the same phone just double the storage (1TB), better 4G conectivity and matte back glass. Might have missed some thing, but thats it.

View post
Yeah, but I'm sure you can understand how I'm not more likely to buy the phone just to live in the fear of a faulty unit, or a perfect unit that gets damaged during normal use and/or wait for software updates that made useless a gaming phone (at least for some unlucky customers) for 1 month.

If at least Asus takes the issue a bit more seriously (yes, an unreliable trigger makes the phone COMPLETELY USELESS) I would still consider buying it. They said they found the bug and fixed it but still many customers have the issue. Not to mention how hardware/assembly fail is very likely to be the real cause since everyone's problem is slightly different from others, but that's a different story, but still, IMHO, you guys shouldn't go for Repair procedure and wait 1 month for a new unit, but Asus should proceed for global recall (obviously only if hardware/assembly fail is confirmed, don't get me wrong so, keep investigating!) just like Nvidia did some years ago with their Shield gaming tablet having battery issues. They first sent you new tablet, then once you turn it on, the old one gets a Killswitch update that bricks forever the faulty unit. (Well, battery was dangerous, not exactly like a defective trigger but I still liked how customers didn't have to do anything or wait months since I was one of them).
Lol, but I agree with you. I'm really surprised of everyone's patience, it seems like I care more than who can't play

P.S.
When I said Ultimate version might not have the issue, it's just because, maybe, once they're aware of possible assembly fail they would take measures to prevent triggers not working properly.

julienvd93
Rising Star II
Sightrasher

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31463#Comment_31463

Yeah, but I'm sure you can understand how I'm not more likely to buy the phone just to live in the fear of a faulty unit, or a perfect unit that gets damaged during normal use and/or wait for software updates that made useless a gaming phone (at least for some unlucky customers) for 1 month.

If at least Asus takes the issue a bit more seriously (yes, an unreliable trigger makes the phone COMPLETELY USELESS) I would still consider buying it. They said they found the bug and fixed it but still many customers have the issue. Not to mention how hardware/assembly fail is very likely to be the real cause since everyone's problem is slightly different from others, but that's a different story, but still, IMHO, you guys shouldn't go for Repair procedure and wait 1 month for a new unit, but Asus should proceed for global recall (obviously only if hardware/assembly fail is confirmed, don't get me wrong so, keep investigating!) just like Nvidia did some years ago with their Shield gaming tablet having battery issues. They first sent you new tablet, then once you turn it on, the old one gets a Killswitch update that bricks forever the faulty unit. (Well, battery was dangerous, not exactly like a defective trigger but I still liked how customers didn't have to do anything or wait months since I was one of them).

Lol, but I agree with you. I'm really surprised of everyone's patience, it seems like I care more than who can't play

P.S.

When I said Ultimate version might not have the issue, it's just because, maybe, once they're aware of possible assembly fail they would take measures to prevent triggers not working properly.

View post
Imo devs take all issues very seriously since they respond and try to fix them.
I think that most of us have perfectly fine units and a small percentage of people have faulty units, this will happen with every device/phone/car. Those are the people that complain on the forum and so it looks like there are more unsatisfied costumers than there really are.
Maybe im just lucky, I dunno but my phone works perfect. The only annoying bug i had was during the .35 update when the right trigger acted wierd. This was fixed when I updated to .44

Sightrasher
Star I
Well, I hope so, I really don't want to join the complaint club here ?