This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading to Android 10, "Tap to Translate" in "Google Translate" doesn't work anymore

hiroko
Star III
17JWOPYC5XVU.jpg
System automatically poped-up an update to upgrade to Android 10 in 11/29, but after upgrading, I found the "Tap To Translate" function in Google Translate, which can translate text by copying them to clipboard, doesn't work anymore. (Google Translate ->settings ->Tap to Translate ->Enable )
4TAP4MRPFD9C.jpg

What is worse is I found it seems all the functions related to clipboard monitoring are broken. Such as a popular dictionary app "ColorDict" also encountered such issue (ColorDict -> Settings -> Auto fill Clipboard text.)
HO418TXBS3W4.jpg

Such functions are worked when in Android 9.
I'm always using this function for work so please fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

_jis_
Zen Master III
Google Translate works for me in Nova and Asus launcher with the latest update WW_17.1810.1910.73.

krewniak19
Rising Star II
everything works for me

krewniak19
Rising Star II
now I'm using a translator ?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Google Translate "Tap to Translate" function works here.
But it could be that the settings faced some issues in the carry-over.

You could try to clear all app-data for Google Translate and then re-install/enable it.

When Tap-to-Translate is active in the background, there will be a silent notification (no icon but you can see it when you slide the panel down).

You can also show or hide the floating icon.