This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earpiece audio horrible after Android 10 update.

waxx1ne
Star II
Received the Android 10 update 11-28-19 now Having this issue where incoming calls cannot hear me. I always have to call back, but additionally all call audio is routed to loud speaker. If I restart the phone one call will work properly and send audio through only the earpiece but every subsequent call goes to loud speaker outputting call audio through both with no way to disable it. Has anyone else experienced this?
5 REPLIES 5

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
mosimchah

On the latest android 10 build (WW_17.1810.1910.68) the other side can't hear me on phone calls unless if I use a headset with a seperate mic, the built-in mic in the phone works though in the camera app and the recorder app, this is after a factory data reset and a reboot doesn't fix it, the same issue happens if I use the tmobile digits app instead of the asus dialer app by the way, I don't want to have to carry a headset with me at all times in order to be able to make a phone call

@Anders_ASUS

no mic on call
Read through this from the first page. Basically, you can "fix" some things by toggling on then off speakerphone while connected on a call. They reoccur after reboot.

Curious - are you on TMobile?

waxx1ne
Star II
Much appreciated, will attempt and report back. I am on Simple Mobile (MVNO using TMobile network)

waxx1ne
Star II
Ok, I Have attempted the solutions you mentioned in the other thread with no luck whatsoever. But the plot thickens! After my failure I went to the play store and installed Google's own Contacts app assuring that I allowed it to make calls. When a call is initiated through the Google Contacts app, calls work perfectly; sending call audio through only the top earpiece. When the same call is initiated through the Asus dialer, calls are again routed through the Loud speaker. Selecting "speaker" only makes it louder.
I tested this calling the same number repeatedly switching between the Asus Dialer and the Google contacts app to confirm.

_jis_
Zen Master III
waxx1ne

Ok, I Have attempted the solutions you mentioned in the other thread with no luck whatsoever. But the plot thickens! After my failure I went to the play store and installed Google's own Contacts app assuring that I allowed it to make calls. When a call is initiated through the Google Contacts app, calls work perfectly; sending call audio through only the top earpiece. When the same call is initiated through the Asus dialer, calls are again routed through the Loud speaker. Selecting "speaker" only makes it louder.

I tested this calling the same number repeatedly switching between the Asus Dialer and the Google contacts app to confirm.

View post
So you have workaround for this bug in Asus own app.
You can even install Google Phone (Dialer) app from XDA:
[APP][PATCHED] Google Phone v40.0.275948326+DARK THEME [BUBBLE EDITION][NO ROOT]
I myself use original applications wherever possible and avoid proprietary manufacturer solutions.