cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Calling Screen [Annoy Screen]

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
This app is has more bugs than features. Bugs:
- Heads-up notification doesn't work(even if I enable it)
- Calling screen won't let me to go back to any other app while the phone is ringing.
- Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off (option to turn off the proximity sensor doesn't work). To make it worse, the proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center.
58 REPLIES 58

Alaudeen
Rising Star I
Why you guys not taking this issue as a serious concern. It is not fixed in the Android 10 update too. If I slightly move my phone over the call, it turns on the display even after when I pressed the power button. So the phone getting too hot and I couldn't speak more than 5 minutes, my ears are burning. This is one of the major bug man. The irritating proximity sensor is not working properly. Atleast try to fix the power button issue. Other wise I never gonna buy any Asus brand item in my lifetime. This is serious note.
Requirement : If I press the power button the call screen should goes off, until I press the power button.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Requirement : If I press the power button the call screen should goes off, until I press the power button.
I agree!
I already express my opinion in this thread, but it seems to me that we need to push moderators more to push developers.

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
Alaudeen

Why you guys not taking this issue as a serious concern. It is not fixed in the Android 10 update too. If I slightly move my phone over the call, it turns on the display even after when I pressed the power button. So the phone getting too hot and I couldn't speak more than 5 minutes, my ears are burning. This is one of the major bug man. The irritating proximity sensor is not working properly. Atleast try to fix the power button issue. Other wise I never gonna buy any Asus brand item in my lifetime. This is serious note.

View post
Read the 3rd comment by Anders, it clearly says that Asus developers consider this as a feature rather than bug. They think that people are not smart enough to press power button if the display goes off after they press power button during the call. I have not used Asus phones earlier, but as far as I have seen the comments in Play Store, it's always been like this on Asus phones. This is stupid.

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
_jis_

I agree!

I already express my opinion in this thread, but it seems to me that we need to push moderators more to push developers.

View post
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS please look into this. Every other smartphone brand in the market behaves the same way to a power button press during the call. I wonder why Asus developers alone think that their users are not smart enough. If they want to keep it as a feature then at least keep an option for other people to enable power button to keep the display off until pressed again.

Alaudeen
Rising Star I
sixth_pr1m3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31275#Comment_31275

@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS please look into this. Every other smartphone brand in the market behaves the same way to a power button press during the call. I wonder why Asus developers alone think that their users are not smart enough. If they want to keep it as a feature then at least keep an option for other people to enable power button to keep the display off until pressed again.

View post
Perfectly said.