This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 Lightning Armor Case Issues

Joma
Star II
So i recently ordered a Lightning Armor Case on ASUS website and it was delivered 2 weeks after i ordered it.
Here is my initial impressions:
1. The ROG Phone 2 locks on 60hz refresh rate when the case is slapped on to the phone. (Can't change it on the settings and the quick toggle is greyed out and you can't change it.)
2. You don't get to customize Aura Lighting on the Armory Crate when the case is on the phone (Unlike when the case if off, you get to customize "incoming call RGB, App Notification RGB etc)
All you get to customize is gaming

17 REPLIES 17

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Locked refresh rate issue is happening with screen recorder app as well. I have uploaded a video in a different thread. Initially phone set to 120Hz. As soon as we open screen recorder refresh rate stuck at 90Hz. Every time I have to reboot the device to fix the issue.
1GKS7OT09RQH.mp4
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12914/refresh-rate-option-is-greyed-out#latest

CLClasen
Star I
Really sad that we have less customize Options with this Case...bought it exactly because ... And now i have to See, that it only flashes with music .. dont know for now, whats with notifications...let US decide Ourself, what WE do with Akku draining pls.

CLClasen
Star I
And .. Not even notifications will Show Up on the Case... Really sad .

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me the back light works only when i start the phone or play music despite everything is active in armoury crate. This case is kinda crap imo ?

"Provide premium protection for your ROG Phone II. NFC chip displays a custom wallpaper on the phone's home screen. Smart light piping on the back to channel the Aura lighting. Aura lighting could set up color and light effect. Custom lighting and visual system notifications."
This is what the seller says while selling. In reality, nothing works with case on. Really pissed off with the fake promises.
Returning it back plus won't be recommending it to anyone.