cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device reboots during charging

edamber
Star II
Hello
My Zenfone 6 reboots during charging. Usually happens after like 3-4 hours. The phone is not overheated or anything. Am I the only one with this problem? Never happens when it's unplugged from charger. Shall I just ship it for service?
Last night I tried another outlet in the house and it didn't reboot, had it plugged in for 2-3 hours. Such a wierd problem.

8 REPLIES 8

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Do you have mobile power to test?
Maybe the problem is that your socket is unstable. If the restart does not occur in other sockets or mobile power, then it should not be a problem with the phone.

evnchn
Rising Star II
After the 3-4 hour timespan you mention, your phone is charging very slowly, or not charging at all. The small current makes the powerbank shut off typically, but if your powerbank is misdesigned it may reenable the charging, causing the phone to start and stop charging.

edamber
Star II
So I tried switching sockets and it worked fine 2 nights in a row. I then tried the old socket but with an extension and same problem so I switched back to the other socket that worked last night and it still restarted. Gonna try a third one tonight. So wierd

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
I am assuming you are using the original charger and original cable? As to rule out any issues with 3rd party accessories.
Let us know if this issue keeps happening.

It can be device protection kicking in causing a restart but hard to say without a system log.