cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE

ZT-24e7d75a
Star III
Hello,
I know this topic has been discussed before, but no proper solution has been offered. In the USA, the 3 major carriers are Verizon, ATT, and TMobile. In 2020, Verizon is shutting down 3g (CDMA) and ATT is starting to shut their 3G down as well. TMobile appears to be retaining some of their 3G infrastructure, but will be limiting available bandwidth as well as ceasing to expand the 3G network further.

With this said, TMobile allows for unlocked phones (Pixel, Nubia Red Magic) to function with VoLTE, thus the carrier appears to be working with manufacturers. ATT and Verizon want all their new activations to be on LTE as their networks are shutting down.

This $900 phone (ROG 2) will no longer function as a phone in the USA without VoLTE very shortly. I understand WiFi calling and certain bands are difficult to obtain, but without VoLTE on any carrier, this phone simply will not work. This is extremely worrying for customers who may not realize the importance of VoLTE and find themselves unable to make calls.
I know it is a 2 way street, but there has to be a way to get VoLTE working atleast on TMobile. XDA, Reddit, and this forum have numerous individuals requesting this necessary feature. Sales are most definitely hurting because of the lack of VoLTE.

Please allow the community to continue to use the phone by getting the proper certs in place. I feel if we are willing to support your brand new $900 phone, we should in the very least get basic voice functionality.

Thank you for your time,
Edward
14 REPLIES 14

abhimanyu_amish
Rising Star I
Sorry to chip in in the Volte issue. I wish to buy ROG2 512gb and I am not in the U. S. I wish to know from actual users if 2g/3g (GSM) calls are working. And how is signal reception on GSM voice call vis a vis other phones with same sim?

jbatista510
Star II
Shame on ASUS. Even my Razer 2 supports VoLTE as well as wifi calling. If ASUS knows they will not work on this, they should just state this vs giving up a BS response that "we hear you". Yes, you hear us but then throw an important request in the ASUS trash can.

We are also having issues with receiving SMS. Going to see if I can still return this phone which is sad and I definitely won't be buying anymore ASUS products going forward.

ram4ufriends
Star II
cheetah2k

Not sure why you're all panicking. Seems Tmobile and AT&T can't discontinue the service until 2022..

View post
But they started making many areas VoLTE only which affects calls and texts...Like at my area, I miss lot of calls and text messages...

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
abhimanyu.amish

Sorry to chip in in the Volte issue. I wish to buy ROG2 512gb and I am not in the U. S. I wish to know from actual users if 2g/3g (GSM) calls are working. And how is signal reception on GSM voice call vis a vis other phones with same sim?

View post
Its really good ive used both 3G calling here in Australia. No problems and the call quality is good
ram4ufriends

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24364#Comment_24364

But they started making many areas VoLTE only which affects calls and texts...Like at my area, I miss lot of calls and text messages...

View post
AT&T have started shutting down 2G networks (not 3G yet) according to the latest media. Are you with AT&T or Tmobile? Sounds to me like you need to change carriers..

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
It is not only in the US but also other parts of the world and I am from Singapore and we have VoLTE a long time ago...