This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 on AT&T in US - Anyone getting LTE?

I have recently started using the Zenfone 6 (Version C). I purchased it as it was advertised as a working US model and I read that it would be fully compatible with AT&T on LTE.
I really like this phone but I am experiencing few problems.
I do not seem to get LTE anywhere, but rather only H+ signal everywhere. Also I do not receive all text messages. I will randomly get only about half of my sms messages. All mms messages work fine. Lastly, visual voicemail cannot be set up. I've read that volte or wifi calling also do not work but I am less concerned about this.
I have contacted AT&T many times about this to no avail.
Has anyone else experienced this or has anyone been able to resolve these issues?
What has been your experience using the zenfone 6 on AT&T in the US?
A phone should not be advertised as a US model for LTE GSM networks if it isn't compatible with the largest one...
26 REPLIES 26

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I have the same issue on T-Mobile in the US. It switches once the call connects.
K9IISLJTJZVJ.jpg
4LBQQY1Q6F7W.jpg

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
7UHP9IAXZOKW.jpg
I have 4G on AT&T in the SF Bay Area. I did have issues with connection when I took the phone to Arizona.
See if setting a manual APN will help you.
A guide is here:
[ZenFone] How to set an Access Point Name | Official Support | ASUSAnd AT&T's recommended APN settings are here:
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1218306

skylerwolfe

I have the same issue on T-Mobile in the US. It switches once the call connects.

K9IISLJTJZVJ.jpg

4LBQQY1Q6F7W.jpg

View post
This would appear to me to be a result of the lack of support for volte. I have read that this is a known issue in Tmobile from others.
I do not get 4G at all. Do you ever find yourself missing text messages?

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
sheridangustin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/30500#Comment_30500

This would appear to me to be a result of the lack of support for volte. I have read that this is a known issue in Tmobile from others.

View post
Do you mean missing them as in they never show up? Not that I am aware of, though most of the "texting" I do is with my wife and we use Signal, which is data rather than SMS. The LTE/4G stuff isn't a big deal to me as I don't do many phone calls, really, but it would be nice that it could work since it is 2019 lol.

Soltan
Star II
sheridangustin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/30500#Comment_30500

View post
I'm missing text messages all the time. I don't get that many calls but several people already mentioned that their calls went straight to the v/m. This is so annoying and it seems like the problem goes back to 2015, with several other Asus phones. One user discovered that switching to 2G was the only "fix". I'm on T-mobile, Zenfone 6, US version. I've been with T-mo since 2010, and never ever had anything like this. Another weird thing is that you have to call V/M number to listen to your voicemails. Those problems still exist after the Android 10 update. My wife is on T-mo, Pixel 3, and has no issues at all. I really like my phone much better than Pixel, but those limitations are annoying.