cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update to Android Q

poltergeist84
Star I
Hello All!
My ZenFone 6 won't update to Android Q, and I can't figure it out why.
I have the firmware PPR2.181005.003.WW_Phone-16.1220.1908.191-0 on my phone, and tried so many times to search for an update, but it never finds any...
On the support site I see version WW-16.1220.1908.189 only but it's still not an Android Q firmware, isn't it?
I was tried to factory reset my phone 2 times, but it won't help.

Does anyone have an idea what can I do?

Regards,
poltergeist84
8 REPLIES 8

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
You need to be on version 1908.194 in order to jump to Android 10.
Update to 1908.194 first, and then you should have no issues moving to Android 10.

https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_Download/

Deen
Star I
LP_ASUS

You need to be on version 1908.194 in order to jump to Android 10.

Update to 1908.194 first, and then you should have no issues moving to Android 10.

https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_Download/

View post
i have ww_16.1220.1909.194_4 and i don't have update to android 10

altdel258
Star III
Had my Z6 for a few weeks now. My experience is that I had to upgrade to every single incremental firmware upgrade higher than the installed firmware on my device for the manual install to work. You can't jump over the intermediate ones and go directly to the latest. It took me 4 upgrades to bring it to Q. Also, never received any upgrade notification either, despite checking incessantly.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
altdel258

Had my Z6 for a few weeks now. My experience is that I had to upgrade to every single incremental firmware upgrade higher than the installed firmware on my device for the manual install to work. You can't jump over the intermediate ones and go directly to the latest. It took me 4 upgrades to bring it to Q. Also, never received any upgrade notification either, despite checking incessantly.

View post
I never got the Q update either over OTA, but after doing that one manually, I did get the lastest small update OTA so maybe that fixed something.