This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

evnchn
Rising Star II
Recently the mods have answered a meaningful reply. Search in the forum to find it.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
6z camera is shit. Asus is not doing anything about it.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
GamerArc

6z camera is shit. Asus is not doing anything about it.

View post
I am spending the bigger portion of my time right now to test three different firmwares in different camera modes + comparison with competitors using the same sensor to get a better picture of the situation.
Even when I have sent my full report to our camera team, it's not like it's going to change with the snap of my fingers. They will listen to what our users have said and what I have been able to confirm with my own testing. Then they will do their own investigation. Discuss what they should change. Then they need to implement these changes. Some changes might show in one FOTA and some changes in another one. The most important thing is that we have finally found some differences between firmwares that are worth discussing internally.
I would also like to ad that further complaints like the one you just made are not going to make any change. I never listen to comments like these because it's not constructive in any way. The users that I do listen to (and gets respect from everyone else) are those who post constructive feedback. Please think about this next time.
Thanks!

doublem101
Star III
I've been reading all the posts about the bad photo quality on Android 10 but honestly i didn't had the chance to test it in detail before.
However yesterday, i had a spare time and it only took a couple minutes to see what everyone are talking about. 
I already had taken some indoor photos and i noticed the high noise in darker areas but i went outside and i couldn't believe on what i was looking at. Slightly blured photos (like a shaken photo) and no detail at all, it looked like a watercolour painting. On some photos, darker areas were pinkish, something that i complained before in Pro mode on long exposures but never noticed it in any other mode.
However, i don't know if it's related or not but the few Gcam versions that works, aren't much better neither. Still a little better than stock app but really really worse than before. I'm not sure if they aren't already optimized or somehow related with the stock app bad quality. I don't know how Gcam works but what if the main issue isn't the stock APP itself but something behind it that makes Gcam works so bad also?
I can't accept the currently quality from a premium device like Zenfone 6. One of the things that made me buy this phone was his night photo quality and now it takes worse photos than my old device?
@Anders_ASUS I appreciate all the effort you are doing to improve camera performance but i become frightened when i read that the differences you found aren't considerable. They are. If you didn't tested yet at night, outside, please do it. Theres were i found the major differences, not indoor.
I don't have a photo took in Android 9 under the same circunstances in this same place but please look at this photo. This isn't acceptable at all.
6ICQRMRNF6AJ.jpg

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/30647#Comment_30647

I am spending the bigger portion of my time right now to test three different firmwares in different camera modes + comparison with competitors using the same sensor to get a better picture of the situation.

Even when I have sent my full report to our camera team, it's not like it's going to change with the snap of my fingers. They will listen to what our users have said and what I have been able to confirm with my own testing. Then they will do their own investigation. Discuss what they should change. Then they need to implement these changes. Some changes might show in one FOTA and some changes in another one. The most important thing is that we have finally found some differences between firmwares that are worth discussing internally.

I would also like to ad that further complaints like the one you just made are not going to make any change. I never listen to comments like these because it's not constructive in any way. The users that I do listen to (and gets respect from everyone else) are those who post constructive feedback. Please think about this next time.

Thanks!

View post
Thank you so much for your hard work. I know everybody is upset about the latest Android 10 update from 11/25/2019 and so was I but, I am very glad and thankful to hear that you guys are working on fixing the problems. Also, I said this in one of my own discussions and not many people spoke about it but the microphone has gotten extremely quiet. Now when I take videos on the Asus camera app or Snapchat, I have to almost shout to get a decent sound in the video. Any less and I don't be able to hear myself unless I max out the volume which I don't wanna do since I don't wanna damage the speakers. Anyways, I hope you can look into the microphone issue too along with all the other stuff! I wish you guys the best of luck and I will be looking forward to the next firmware update from you guys. Hope it fixes everything 🙂 Kindest regards - Branden.