This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera update

mastershu
Rising Star I
i keep hearing about a camera update... is this true? an when will this happen? pics are what it can do with patience in ''new'' nightmode.... its either too fast or not slow enough sometimes right now.... but i managed to get these with it
P_20191113_002539.jpg
P_20191113_003250.jpg

34 REPLIES 34

ColorSage
Zen Master I
mastershu

@peter.kadlec also... thanks for not doing what i asked... an called out that it wouldnt be done.... just sayin

View post
He was joking. You are not supposed to take it for real.

wai_hon_leong
Star I

evnchn

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/30396#Comment_30396

Wow. We are getting into the territory of telling people to get DSLR instead. The whole point of this 48MP sensor thing is to deliver photo of adequate quality to a form factor this small. We aren't getting what we paid for, or, to be exact, we used to get what we paid for in update .189 and now we don't get it. The point of smartphone photography is to make photography accessible, and your argument is against that. If you know that your argument will be rebutted by common sense this easily, think before sending it.

View post
I am not disputing the fact that Asus sucks with their updates, which tends to break more than they improve. I often warn people, both on the net and in real life not to buy Asus anything as they will be screwed when Asus release an "update" and break their device. Lets get that out of the way first.
Now, no, I am not saying "get a DSLR Instead", I am saying that I am surprised that a photographer who makes money from his/her photos only makes it with a camera phone. I don't make money from my photos, only takes them casually, and the ONLY phone which produces photos that I am impressed with is the CM1, no other phones comes close. I find it strange that a "professional" photographer will be satisfied with the quality of a 1/2" sensor, 48MP or not.
Which by the way, any serious photographer common sense will know that MP is not a measure of picture quality, and putting 48MP onto a 1/2" sensor (your "form factor this small") is not a good idea. Anyway, 48MP on a phone is nothing these days, there are also 64MP and even 108MP sensors on phones too. Still they cannot compare to the ISO, DR, NR and most importantly, focus length and aperture control of a proper camera.
Smartphone photography is indeed accessible, for casual use. For serious photography, I still uses, at the very least, a 1" sensor compact (now that my CM1 is too old to be useful). Smartphone pictures, are far as I am concerned, casual throwaway pictures, if a photographer that I am paying for turns up with a smartphone, he/she will be kicked out. The person posted he/she lost money because this phone produced crap pictures (I agree) and I am expressing surprise that he/she did not have a real camera, considering that he/she makes money with the photos.
Either way, back to the matter at hand, I regret to tell you that Asus will not change, they will tell you that there are no issues they can find and you (or the OP) are just making things up. My experience with Asus is they will release more "updates" that will break more of the phone than to fix old bugs. If you want "to get what we paid for", the only way is not to update their phones at all as "updates".
You can try and downgrade to a previous version, but if something goes wrong, you are on your own as Asus will say that is against their warranty terms.
Good luck.

evnchn
Rising Star II
gunmanrishi

Inspite of reaching out on social media and here asus team just doesn't want accept the fact that the camera is messed up with no support for Google camera. The stock camera has gone from a flagship level to a mid range level but all asus cares about is organizing fan meets with Geeky Ranjit. I thought you guys gave a bunch of phones to Dev's to get custom rom support which never came out. Earlier atleast we were able to use the gcam now thanks to you guys that also doesn't work. I have paid for a premium device but thanks to you guys who are making it average day by day. Thank you for conning your users.

Asus does not care at all
Refer to last page of the thread and you will find Anders commenting. Massive change of attitude there.

mastershu
Rising Star I
wai.hon.leong

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29825#Comment_29825

Those photos are indeed crap BUT I find it hard to believe that a professional photographer will use a camera phone for his work and try to make money from it. Don't you have a proper camera? I am just a casual photographer and I have a APS dslr, 4/3 MILC and a 1" compact for different situations. I will expect someone who take pictures for money to have a FF or bigger dslr. The only camera phone that I ever had that can come close to professional quality is the Panasonic CM1 (and it didn't even had a "paid for" DXO score!) and sadly they do not make a CM2 to update it. Everything else, Android or Apple, cannot match or even come close to its quality.

View post
@wai.hon.leong your behind the times..... Past 4 years or so cellphone photography has done more than a dslr.... No one wants to buy pieces of a camera an put it together an it cost $5000-$12000 or better.. An having to selli a $25000 camera setup that no one will buy.... Apple. Pixel. Samsung asus lg are the main ones that people here use for local papersan events sure the acrual news people carry dslr... Gotta unzip this un button that take this off an oops... Missed the shot.. ...then theres how every single one is edited quality wise an the programs for cellphones are a bit more fine tuned... ... Even war photos on dslr dont l9ok as good as some randome soldier takin pics at saddams castle... Video as well... I disnt see to many people with their big ass cameras atthe local fair when a ride broke nearly killing people... All the pics an vids came from cellphones.. Apples an pixels...... Please catch up or do some research an see for yourself how much cellphone photography has changed everything

mastershu
Rising Star I
@ColorSage no an this aint the tine or place either