Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common apps like Compass & Bar Code scanners are missing in ROG II

Common apps like Compass & Bar Code scanners are missing in ROG II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Not enough people use a compass nowadays and we want as few apps as possible? You can always download your favorite compass app.
Our camera app can recognize QR codes but not bar codes. We have Google Lens in ZenFone 6 which can recognize pretty much anything. Don't know why we don't have it in ROG Phone II. I'll ask our devs.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mamayankag
Rising Star I
I have used many phones, and very few come with such apps. Mostly I've seen Redmi/Mi phones having these. Not necessary apps which is why many don't include these. Simple as that. You have the liberty to download your preferred app from Play Store

galaxy_nitrogen
Star II
I was a little surprised that the camera app didn't have the capability of scanning QR codes. Kind of weird to download a separate app in 2019 to just read codes. I'd be all for recommending that the stock camera app get an update to scan codes!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Not enough people use a compass nowadays and we want as few apps as possible? You can always download your favorite compass app.
Our camera app can recognize QR codes but not bar codes. We have Google Lens in ZenFone 6 which can recognize pretty much anything. Don't know why we don't have it in ROG Phone II. I'll ask our devs.
Thanks!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
galaxy.nitrogen

I was a little surprised that the camera app didn't have the capability of scanning QR codes. Kind of weird to download a separate app in 2019 to just read codes. I'd be all for recommending that the stock camera app get an update to scan codes!

View post
It can, you have just never tried to scan one using our camera app 🙂
In the Q update this feature will be taken care of by the Google lens app which has a shortcut from the camera app