This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED][MOD] Still no HD in Prime video (Rolling changes for ZF6)

Sreekiran
Star III
Why?
25 REPLIES 25

Sreekiran
Star III
How come it works for you Paras? It doesn't even say hd for me. And the quality on Prime is bad.

Btw Netflix plays in HD fine.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Sreekiran

How come it works for you Paras? It doesn't even say hd for me. And the quality on Prime is bad.

View post
Its not Asus but oneplus 7. Netflix works in HD i.e 720p on Asus 6z because Netflix support all phones with Sd 855 processor to play in HD btw Netflix on oneplus and if i am not wrong ROG 2 a gaming phone works in 1080p and HDR too.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
2L36ZRBRXUOW.jpg
Sreekiran

View post
Doesn't say HD for me either. I hardly ever use it so no biggie but I don't know why it wouldn't. Should be widevine compliant on this device.
Edit - I did try an uninstall then reinstall but no help.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Amazon Prime streaming in HD does not support ZenFone 6. We have raised this with Amazon but so far there has been no success.
It is not due to the lack of any content protection as ZF6 correctly supports the relevant Widevine level..

Sreekiran
Star III
Hi, thanks for responding. Can anything be done from the ASUS team to take this to the higher ups of Amazon? This could be a deal-breaker for a lot of people thinking of buying ZF6 as streaming is very common these days and HD is the bare basic standard these days.