cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh rate option is greyed out

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Team,
Sometimes Refresh rate option is getting greyout and system set back to 60Hz. Unable to change it. This is happening after recent update.
Every time I have to reboot the device to fix this. Could you help me on this.
Q2Y9QAOP6SA4.jpg

Regards
45 REPLIES 45

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
I'm not facing it after clearing storage and cache for Armoury crate app 

deepaknba1987
Star I
Anders_ASUS

Is anyone still having this issue?

View post
I'm starting to face this now. After I play COD. Tried clearing cache and memory of armoury crate app still it is locked at 90hz. Unable to change it to 60 or 120.

squall0833
Star II
It was Screen Recorder
If you used screen recorder, the refresh rate will be locked to 90hz and there is no way to deactivate the greyout option, even if yu have stopped using Screen Recorder
I have to restart my phone to get the refresh rate options back.
Please fix it, give us a way to recover refresh rate option after used Screen Recorder.

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
squall0833

It was Screen Recorder

If you used screen recorder, the refresh rate will be locked to 90hz and there is no way to deactivate the greyout option, even if yu have stopped using Screen Recorder

I have to restart my phone to get the refresh rate options back.

Please fix it, give us a way to recover refresh rate option after used Screen Recorder.

View post
I guess, you have a game profiles which set to 90hz. Clear Storage and cache for Armoury crate app so this will delete all your existing game profiles. Make sure your profiles are deleted and then create new profiles for all the games.

squall0833
Star II
sathishinsat2

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/30080#Comment_30080

I guess, you have a game profiles which set to 90hz. Clear Storage and cache for Armoury crate app so this will delete all your existing game profiles. Make sure your profiles are deleted and then create new profiles for all the games.

View post
No i did not set any game profile to 90hz, all checked as system, and even if i do, it worked as intended, as long i quit the game, refresh rate is back to 120hz
I have confirmed that by turning on Screen Recorder to record something, it goes to 90hz immediately and stay at it until you restart ur phone