This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera update

mastershu
Rising Star I
i keep hearing about a camera update... is this true? an when will this happen? pics are what it can do with patience in ''new'' nightmode.... its either too fast or not slow enough sometimes right now.... but i managed to get these with it
P_20191113_002539.jpg
P_20191113_003250.jpg

34 REPLIES 34

evnchn
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29087#Comment_29087

The only thing that changed between Pie and Q when it comes to night mode is the animation. It used to be only a loading circle that needed to be filled but in Q it's a loading circle followed by a processing message. The total time to take a tripod picture is the same and they look the same. So actually, we improved because before, you thought you had to wait before you could move the camera and now in Android Q you know when it's ok to move it. Actually it has nothing to do with Q. We could have had the same camera software in Pie

View post
I would like you to complete this job: Reply to "if you can keep the pie camera software, why not do so?" ASAP
@Anders_ASUS you literally have one job now, don't ruin it or you may actually wind up appearing in youhadonejob.

mastershu
Rising Star I
V_20191124_043622_N0.mp4
@Anders_ASUS this timelapse at night is no where near what it was doing before... even regular 4k 60 night time videos stripped down to 1080p 30 an the noise levels are insane as you can see in the last video the details aint there in video any more now... its mush
A10 was rushed.... an we are all burned by the great dxo marked camera that ...isnt well anymore

''defy ordinary'' was its slogan, is now just ''less than ordinary'' aint mad at you mad at situation no one here or up there seems to care about...

evnchn
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS the legends have it that those who don't read everything in this post will be cursed.
I know that you are in pain, torn between the company and the customer. The only way to end this pain for good is to actually solve the problem. Despite how hard the management level above you say that a fix is not coming, just shout out the problem regardless, aren't you a channel between us and company, if you don't think that you are a channel, who else may be! As long as there is still a difference in customer expectation brought about by .189 and the actual experience, rage will occur. Don't you ever think about banning / even just ignoring people, that will make things worse. If you do feel uncomfortable PMing me about the actual situation in the company in the Asus forum, contact me on telegram with the same name as my ID here. If you are too tired of everything going on in the forum, let me tell you a little story. In HK, the China government is ordering the chief executive to suppress the demonstration towards democracy, and the chief executive order the police. Countless police have resigned due to the China government is impossible to change and they will be always torn between the two sides. Should you resort to what the HK police are doing, or GET UP AND DO STH? ONLY YOU can be the judge.
I will be very straight to the fact when you have enable TURBO MODE of evnchn, and which all of the performance loss of Zenfone 6 apparently have triggered the mode.

mastershu
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS

to prove that the camera is really fine you need to prove that two photos taken in same scenario look identical, which no one was able to do yet...at all...whatsoever!!!

my case an point... heres 3 of them.... no hdr hdr auto hdr++ there is no reason at all whatsoever for hdr++ to not have ANY DETAIL!! it has none on the tree by the street sign is darker an has no resolve or range of any kind... AND IN ALL 3 PICS THE TREES ARE BLACK!!! no excuse...an honestly.. hdr auto really doesn't either... no hdr is better than hdr ++!!!?? thats insane .... thats horrible man!!! an the quality of the pics all together is just ghastly.... like im back in 2005 using an htc....THIS IS NOT NORMAL!! AN NOT THE WAY THIS CAMERA TOOK PHOTO'S A MONTH AGO!!

AWX9F5MA4I2J.jpg
hdr off the tree on the left is out of whack completely no resolve no detail.. ITS DAYLIGHT AN ITS BLURRY!!! the trees alone are destroyed in this pic why? bad camera thats why...the old man has that oil painting look the sidewalk is a complete linear nightmare can barely read anything even with hdr off that shouldnt happen... an ALL trees are black theres no shadows no detail no nothing.. even the street light is washed out an undetailed ....even with hdr off this should not be happening at all!! theres hardly any real color in this an thats bad
UO6A6NJ2TUNM.jpg
hdr auto its barely a bit brighter... trees are still black in broad daylight tree on left is still a nightmare with barely any detail coming back to it an is still a hazy mess... shadows are bombed an trees are BARELY coming back from complete blackness colors made a smidge of a comeback...streetlight is still the same mess BUT theres a 0.04 improvement in detail (sarcasm) as i can juuuuuuuust make out what i think are branches on trees... i dunno still hard to tell .... NO REAL IMPROVEMENT

HTHN41K4IYYA.jpg
hdr ++ ( otherwise now known as hdr--) how in the !$%# is this even legal.... ITS WORSE THAN NO HDR AT ALL!! no accurate colors ...( if any even at all) the tree on the left vanished from the black shadows the other trees are black an no detail whatsoever the street light is even worse an everything is oil painted.....

man this is ridiculous.... i got nothing to take pics with.. i got nothing to record videos with...... please feel free to contact any of my 3 employees that have photography in their blood an degrees on their walls an tell them this thing is fine... they will not agree... an my paycheck says it too
i said it a few times in this forum an im saying it again.... i had a strange feeling this badass camera wasnt gonna last an well.... essential PH-1 anybody?

now that ive shown that no 3 pics are alike.... i can re record someplaces in day an night to show the difference there if you want? .... its not gonna be pretty i can assure you that.... this is all truth you see it so why is it not being acknowledged?

to prove that the camera is really fine you need to prove that two photos taken in same scenario look identical, which no one was able to do yet...at all...whatsoever!!!
defy ordinary is now less than ordinary we back in 2005 yall !!

peter_kadlec
Star III
mastershu

@Anders_ASUS

my case an point... heres 3 of them.... no hdr hdr auto hdr++ there is no reason at all whatsoever for hdr++ to not have ANY DETAIL!! it has none on the tree by the street sign is darker an has no resolve or range of any kind... AND IN ALL 3 PICS THE TREES ARE BLACK!!! no excuse...an honestly.. hdr auto really doesn't either... no hdr is better than hdr ++!!!?? thats insane .... thats horrible man!!! an the quality of the pics all together is just ghastly.... like im back in 2005 using an htc....THIS IS NOT NORMAL!! AN NOT THE WAY THIS CAMERA TOOK PHOTO'S A MONTH AGO!!

AWX9F5MA4I2J.jpg

hdr off the tree on the left is out of whack completely no resolve no detail.. ITS DAYLIGHT AN ITS BLURRY!!! the trees alone are destroyed in this pic why? bad camera thats why...the old man has that oil painting look the sidewalk is a complete linear nightmare can barely read anything even with hdr off that shouldnt happen... an ALL trees are black theres no shadows no detail no nothing.. even the street light is washed out an undetailed ....even with hdr off this should not be happening at all!! theres hardly any real color in this an thats bad

UO6A6NJ2TUNM.jpg

hdr auto its barely a bit brighter... trees are still black in broad daylight tree on left is still a nightmare with barely any detail coming back to it an is still a hazy mess... shadows are bombed an trees are BARELY coming back from complete blackness colors made a smidge of a comeback...streetlight is still the same mess BUT theres a 0.04 improvement in detail (sarcasm) as i can juuuuuuuust make out what i think are branches on trees... i dunno still hard to tell .... NO REAL IMPROVEMENT

HTHN41K4IYYA.jpg

hdr ++ ( otherwise now known as hdr--) how in the !$%# is this even legal.... ITS WORSE THAN NO HDR AT ALL!! no accurate colors ...( if any even at all) the tree on the left vanished from the black shadows the other trees are black an no detail whatsoever the street light is even worse an everything is oil painted.....

man this is ridiculous.... i got nothing to take pics with.. i got nothing to record videos with...... please feel free to contact any of my 3 employees that have photography in their blood an degrees on their walls an tell them this thing is fine... they will not agree... an my paycheck says it too

i said it a few times in this forum an im saying it again.... i had a strange feeling this badass camera wasnt gonna last an well.... essential PH-1 anybody?

now that ive shown that no 3 pics are alike.... i can re record someplaces in day an night to show the difference there if you want? .... its not gonna be pretty i can assure you that.... this is all truth you see it so why is it not being acknowledged?

defy ordinary is now less than ordinary we back in 2005 yall !!

View post
Silence! That is just ridiculus accusation! Everything works just fine.