This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

naftaman1
Star II
Asus team response to problems with Android 10 right now
PPT5QY2IA8RT.jpg

vlasta_vasicek
Rising Star I
my z6 photos are fine, day and night. I have no problems showing you

VS-KR

But you guys are the only one to complain about the phone camera. Me, I'm fully fine with this camera, it does what I except they do.

Maybe you've seen better results on other phones, but ZF6 is an over answer to photography experience. Let it have some differences ...

View post
Are u on Android 10

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
VS-KR

But you guys are the only one to complain about the phone camera. Me, I'm fully fine with this camera, it does what I except they do.

Maybe you've seen better results on other phones, but ZF6 is an over answer to photography experience. Let it have some differences ...

View post
So all the other 37 comments were made by blind users? U have no idea how cam has become when compared to older pie versions , its people like you who make all our efforts at conveying issues to asus worthless... If u r fine why comment? Why make other's comments go waste?
You think every other user here suddenly out of no where started complaining about camera for no damn reason? Do you not have enough data to download those attatched samples? Or are u someone else in disguise? Bruh please

evnchn
Rising Star II
We are not asking for better camera, we are asking to give us back the good camera in .189. if you can't spot the difference, it mean you are uncertain towards whether the camera downgraded, not that the camera is fine. If you don't look up planned obsolescence in Google you never know exactly what we are striving to prevent happen on our device.