This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are our devices being nerfed?

evnchn
Rising Star II
Under multiple occasions I have mentioned how ASUS is making the phone worse and worse, including but not limited to: breaking of pro mode (purple tint), breaking of GCam, breaking of battery life in Android 10. If our devices are being nerfed intentionally, mods please reply yes. We are fed up of the fake hope brought about by "community feedback" that never came to fruition.
11 REPLIES 11

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
evnchn

I would like to mention that there is NO NEED to understand what was wrong with current version. All you need to do to settle all this debate is to either reply "YES" to admit planned obsolescence, or alternatively roll back all changes made after 189 and reply "NO" to show that you really care. No understanding of camera required, and layman can do it.

View post
Or better , give us a downgrade link to 189 until asus fixes all these issues , they rushed the update just for the sake of it
Hey asus , faster updates won't give you an edge over the competition , the user's experience with the phone gives . Why make us suffer for it?
If this is the case then none of us will be recommending an asus phone to anyone... And its 100% sure existing users wont upgrade to an asus phone in the future...
Atleast accept that there are issues , atleast that will give us relief and confidence that you guys are aware of the problems and are working on to solve it
Not accepting the issues will only make it worse , users will lose rheir mind and patience , so atleast tell us that you guys are aware abiut the problems , or we will have to use other public ways , why let everyone know and defame your company? We have generous , polite and patience so far until now.. it might not be same for long , if this is the state.

evnchn
Rising Star II
Oh I hope that ASUS knew that quality is over quantity before rolling out all these updates. Wonder why all that spare time after making the update? It is for bug fixing of course!! Don't you ever think that your engineers are better than OnePlus's so before they get an official updates yours is just beta quality. As we have established that our current versions of Android is beta quality, you are expected to be even more responsible to accept bug fixes and corrections than any moment in the whole companies lifetime!!! To everyone else who is trying to get things to change, there is not a need to threaten for a fix. IF ASUS NOT WILLING TO CHANGE, Even if the FBI bust open their headquarters and point a rifle to the CEO, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, HE/SHE WONT FIX. We got to explain what the current problem is again and again, untill we finally able to convey them and tame the evil of negligence inside ASUS and they eventually change. That is how evils are tamed in video games, and I hope that it will work towards ASUS.

newnews
Rising Star II
hrishikeshsunder39

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29811#Comment_29811

Or better , give us a downgrade link to 189 until asus fixes all these issues , they rushed the update just for the sake of it

Hey asus , faster updates won't give you an edge over the competition , the user's experience with the phone gives . Why make us suffer for it?

If this is the case then none of us will be recommending an asus phone to anyone... And its 100% sure existing users wont upgrade to an asus phone in the future...

Atleast accept that there are issues , atleast that will give us relief and confidence that you guys are aware of the problems and are working on to solve it

Not accepting the issues will only make it worse , users will lose rheir mind and patience , so atleast tell us that you guys are aware abiut the problems , or we will have to use other public ways , why let everyone know and defame your company? We have generous , polite and patience so far until now.. it might not be same for long , if this is the state.

View post
the link for 189 is there in Asus official website

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
No, we did not "nerf" camera.
GCam stop working - it is really difficult for us to comment - I hope you can understand why, as GCam is not exacly free/open software. That being said, it does seem Gcam with versions 7.0 works on ZF6 on Q.

The camera quality has not intentionally in any way been degraded from P to Q. We are doing some comparisons internally, will share in the major thread when that is done.

evnchn
Rising Star II
I hope that's really the case ?