This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charge not working anymore on my Zenfone 6

Conglomera
Star I
Hello I have a very big issue with my phone..
3 days ago I left my charger at work, so when my phone completely discharged to 0%, I had to charge it overnight with a non-fast charge adapter I had at home.. it took all the night to charge to about 70%.
Yesterday I brought back my original charger & cable and to my dismay fast charge isn't working anymore !!!! It is just like charging with the other adapter. Please help !
10 REPLIES 10

evnchn
Rising Star II
If so many devices can quick charge while Asus fast charge, suspect faulty Quick Charge handshake. Please try and see if you can transfer data to your computer using the cable you used for quick charging other phones. I suspect broken data pins if Asus fail to transfer data, and broken power management chip if Asus can transfer data.

bbb
Star I
evnchn

If so many devices can quick charge while Asus fast charge, suspect faulty Quick Charge handshake. Please try and see if you can transfer data to your computer using the cable you used for quick charging other phones. I suspect broken data pins if Asus fail to transfer data, and broken power management chip if Asus can transfer data.

View post
I continued testing it turned out that changing the cable to ORICO HTK-10 helped.
However, I do not quite understand why quick charging does not work with Asus Zenfone 6 + cable Orico KAC-05-RD.
The producer writes "ORICO KAC-05 5A Aramid Fiber Braided Type-A to Type-C Charge & Sync Cable 50cm" (I have several such cables.)
Now Quick Charging is working with Blitzwolf/Lenovo charger.
Thanks for your help.

evnchn
Rising Star II
bbb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29666#Comment_29666

I continued testing it turned out that changing the cable to ORICO HTK-10 helped.

However, I do not quite understand why quick charging does not work with Asus Zenfone 6 + cable Orico KAC-05-RD.

The producer writes "ORICO KAC-05 5A Aramid Fiber Braided Type-A to Type-C Charge & Sync Cable 50cm" (I have several such cables.)

Now Quick Charging is working with Blitzwolf/Lenovo charger.

Thanks for your help.

View post
r/Android - PSA to anyone using USB c phones that stopped charging for no reasonJust saw this Reddit post recently. Follow instructions with some common sense to see if the problem lies there. No way 1 cable can charge while another one cannot, they are the same physically and electrically.

Conglomera
Star I
Thanks for your replies but for some reasons it got back working when the charge was somewhere between 70 and 82 percent but it took about 7 hours to get there.
So I recommend doing the following if the same case as mine occures to you:

1. Drain your battery to 0%
2. Charge it all the way to 100% whilst the phone is turned on and see if it start fast charging at some point.
As someone pointed out above I think it has something to do with QC handshake failing to init for some obscure reason. Hope Asus address this issue in future updates.

vlasta_vasicek
Rising Star I
no have problem 20 - 100% 1hour30 min cca