This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically changing refresh rates to save power

Mvarun
Rising Star I
120Hz uses a lot of battery and there should be a way to automatically change it depending on the app for example on messaging apps like discord or messenger I'd like 60/90hz, 60hz on YouTube cuz there's no 120fps videos, Instagram and Facebook or any app with a lot of scrolling be 120hz, you get what i mean. Maybe you could manually put refresh rate locks on certain apps. I know you can on games manually (Auto changing refresh rates on 60fps games would also be nice for example pubg and asphalt 9) but I mean normal day to day usage apps.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We won't touch the refresh rate of any game or app. It is up to the user control it by using either the quick setting switch or via Armoury Crate

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

OPC
Zen Master II
Good point! There is already a partial solution to that. In Armoury Crate app you can add apps to game library. Not just games but other apps as well. I have added Discord and Whatsapp as I use them to communicate with my club while playing the game. So I have a direct access to communication without leaving the Armoury Crate. You have a whole list of apps, for example all Microsoft Office apps, but not all apps. YouTube is not on the list. Once an app is added to Armoury Crate, you change settings as you like. If all apps could be added to Armoury Crate that would solve the question. Downside would be you would have a long list to scroll through in Armoury Crate. That would make it unpractical to select the game you want to play.

Mvarun
Rising Star I
OPC

Good point! There is already a partial solution to that. In Armoury Crate app you can add apps to game library. Not just games but other apps as well. I have added Discord and Whatsapp as I use them to communicate with my club while playing the game. So I have a direct access to communication without leaving the Armoury Crate. You have a whole list of apps, for example all Microsoft Office apps, but not all apps. YouTube is not on the list. Once an app is added to Armoury Crate, you change settings as you like. If all apps could be added to Armoury Crate that would solve the question. Downside would be you would have a long list to scroll through in Armoury Crate. That would make it unpractical to select the game you want to play.

View post
I know you can add a few apps on the armoury crate to manually turn the refresh rate down but I'd like an automated solution to it instead of adding all the apps and having a long list, which defeats the whole purpose of armoury crate.

duy_h_vu
Rising Star I
Yeah. Like a list of app that run at 60-90-120 hz, similar to the app scaling list. Great idea

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I tried to set up something like this using Scenario Profiles.

But not being able to set the Game Genie OSD to specific scenarios profiles makes it not worth doing.

It also screws up the frame rate in my games. So I just leave everything to use System setting. Which I've been leaving at 120 Hz.