This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

ZT-2874a36c
Star III
Ya they've literally created mess in camera software
Main thing is the device's unique featured camera is now worthless

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Guys, relax a bit. It's not mods fault and I'm pretty sure they've seen this thread already. It's better if they're discussing it internally than waste time on replying to this thread over and over again.

Heriberto
Star I
They just need to reply and say that they are actively trying to fix this, nothing more. I don't want a explanation, just Asus saying that they did something wrong on camera and are working on it. Also, Asus don't need to give an ETA, since software can take time.
The phone did a great number of things right, but we have a new issue that was not previously there.

mastershu
Rising Star I
bruh.. this is ridiculous my cat doesnt even have fur now.. just looks like a smooth ink blob.... trees.. bushes the sky NOTHING has definition or color anymore this is crazy an needs to get fixed.... everyone here knows i dont use gcam.. screw gcam I WANT MY STOCK CAMERA BACK!!! thanks for clearing up the purple haze that was crazy but now.... its worse... i feel like im taking pics with my OLD zte axon pro again..... its ugly an horrid an i make $$ from my pics... an now i cant

before A10 update all pretty an detailed an colorful in nightmode
U6ZDJFNRE995.jpg
an this is after the A10 update.... in nightmode no color everything is bland... no detail an fuzzy as hell
JIYFBOLZVS4A.jpg
the bottom pic... you cant even see the tree on the right... everything on both sides is dark... MEGA dark the concrete pillars are mush no highlights no nothing anywhere these are all on a tripod at that!!!

more nightmodes this is before A10 update using tripod good color range is decent highlights everything looks good
Y4WYX6OHN5JB.jpg
after A10 update shoddy bland an fuzzed at best no color concrete is oily an a good part of the pic is hazy/ fuzzy
5L7S1ODI20DG.jpg
before A10 tripod
PFVUZ0TTEOFI.jpg
washed out oily the tree on the left looks fake its much brighter than it should be even the building has issues as well as the tank in the backround an the water an grass..... jesus the water an grass......
MDKZTUNYW5DL.jpg
an pro mode..... pro mode is worse as well
before A10 update
CDCVGEKP9ER8.jpg
after A10 update no where near same brightness look or feel everything is dulled an lacking
LQC9VEJM1CUK.jpg
before A10 update
KLU1XNPZ3LB2.jpg
after A10... alot wrong here
E7P5X9T4SYKN.jpg
i just want my stock camera back... even daylight pics are god awful now
COYCM91PXX1H.jpg
7PRJ1HXYT1ZR.jpg
like they are tinted all around an glazy
Y6HVTAGLHKU0.jpg
8ZJQAUSKSYXX.jpg
i dont even know what this is an why its doin it? off color like crazy

can i please get my camera back and or improved?

hrishikeshsunder39

U9OGI4TOML6Z.jpg

DIWBMA3NE2RJ.jpg

DV431AV7EETA.jpg

ETKZQYPQCW5U.jpg

00KLF6XLIILM.jpg

BYYDIF3F77XW.jpg

6ZQLCEDT1A84.jpg

2LCWWVBJR1VD.jpg

FOABQB4JNQG7.jpg

V67BJ7G11OVP.jpg

@Anders_ASUS hey

There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?

I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...

I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...

Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..

Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..

See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..

See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛

Thanks

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)
@Anders_ASUS *edited for ToS* cant you understand that Zenfone 6 became worst after the update
Many people are ready to throw your 6z in to shit
Your future phones won't even have a single consumer if you neglect our issue