This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte on the ROG Phone 2

Jango52517
Star III
After hours of research I found out that it seems that the ROG Phone 2 has the hardware necessary for Volte and band 71. I understand that ASUS may have their reasons for not wanting to get certified but realistically 99% of people would rather just get a different phone as opposed to switching carriers. What are the odds that ASUS could get the ROG 2 certified and get Volte enabled and band 71 supported? I genuinely want to keep this phone but realistically I don't think i can, I might have yo return it if Asus decides to refuse to care about its customers and products... I love the company but this is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth like it is for many others.

TLDR: What are the odds of getting Volte and band 71 on the ROG Phone 2?
23 REPLIES 23

ZT-24e7d75a
Star III
Anders_ASUS

I can't comment whether or not VoLTE is coming. Only that this subject is frequently discussed internally. We read everything you write and the reason why we can't say anything is because it's complicated. Users that need a Yes or No right now will have to decide for themselves if they want to take a chance or go with another brand.

View post
I'm sorry, but how can this be okay? The "give us your money now and we might fix it, or might not so your phone won't work" attitude is ridiculously anti-consumer. We deserve an official statement. If you want to sell a phone in the US at flagship pricing, we (as consumers) deserve to know if the phone will be able to make voice calls! ASUS is the only company without VoLTE in the US. ZTE, Motorola, Samsung, Google, Apple, One Plus all have flagships with VoLTE.

ZT-24e7d75a
Star III
Anders_ASUS

I can't comment whether or not VoLTE is coming. Only that this subject is frequently discussed internally. We read everything you write and the reason why we can't say anything is because it's complicated. Users that need a Yes or No right now will have to decide for themselves if they want to take a chance or go with another brand.

View post
So ASUS's official stance on the subject is " we might or might not fix it". This isn't a simple bug or feature, VoLTE dictates if this phone will function in the US. If ASUS can't give an update stating how they will fix this issue, why should anyone buy a ROG or Zen phone?

yamvmax
Star III
waynewarrior78@gmail.com

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24009#Comment_24009

So ASUS's official stance on the subject is " we might or might not fix it". This isn't a simple bug or feature, VoLTE dictates if this phone will function in the US. If ASUS can't give an update stating how they will fix this issue, why should anyone buy a ROG or Zen phone?

View post
I agree. A simple yes or no, should be provided. Not a cryptic answer Asus provides. NO ONE in USA should even consider this phone without volte. Good luck getting service as 3g is currently being turned off.

Jango52517
Star III
Anders_ASUS

View post
I do appreciate that youve told us that this is FREQUENTLY discussed INTERNALLY, that is the most solid answer I've gotten so far. Though what everyone else said is valid.
waynewarrior78@gmail.com

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24009#Comment_24009

View post
yamvmax

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24058#Comment_24058

I agree. A simple yes or no, should be provided. Not a cryptic answer Asus provides. NO ONE in USA should even consider this phone without volte. Good luck getting service as 3g is currently being turned off.

View post
IN ALL HONESTY if ASUS just came out and acknowledged that this was an issue and that they weren't sure what they were gonna do but we're aware thatd make me feel better. Currently I don't know if ASUS even knows or cares about this. Luckily Anders is saying theyre talking but who knows to what extent or if the people who could do something are even the ones talking...

bala_murali_kri
Star II
900 usd for a phone without basic communication feature ASUS must take a look at this situation you want the money but the communication feature is undecided, I know you wouldn't care about the users but this policy will hurt you in long time