This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a mess!

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
I bought the 30th anniversary edition and I had to change it because the GPS has a 20-meter displacement of reality. The new phone presents the same problem, but ASUS Spain says that it does not know this problem.
MH8QHWC3JPGJ.jpg
Is it possible to fix the problem or do I return the phone?
82 REPLIES 82

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
1JIFYRC9WRFU.jpg
I tried without installing anything (see previous messages). I tried a Zenfone 5z at the same time. The Zenfone 5z works well in my area. The Zenfone 6 seems to have some problem in calculating the position. I tried with Google Maps and HERE We Go, to rule out a mapping problem and it shows the same position error.
Can the navigation bar be like in Zenfone 5z so they don't take away space on the screen?

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
Another bug to fix: the LED does not show notifications during charging.
Too, with the screen locked, the time left to fully charge the battery is not shown, only fast charging is shown.

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
The night light does not turn off automatically even if it is programmed, if we turn off the device when it is active, and turn it on after the time it should be turned off.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
fjaviergj

1JIFYRC9WRFU.jpg

I tried without installing anything (see previous messages). I tried a Zenfone 5z at the same time. The Zenfone 5z works well in my area. The Zenfone 6 seems to have some problem in calculating the position. I tried with Google Maps and HERE We Go, to rule out a mapping problem and it shows the same position error.

Can the navigation bar be like in Zenfone 5z so they don't take away space on the screen?

View post
This is so weird. Your phone is still in spanish though so you didn't do exactly as I said. Probably won't make a difference anyway. I see in both your screenshots that neither of the phones have a locked position and you always make the measurement from the same location. Can you please make a new comparison where the positions on both phones are locked? Btw, which app did you use to measure. I don't believe I've tried this one before.
fjaviergj

Another bug to fix: the LED does not show notifications during charging.

Too, with the screen locked, the time left to fully charge the battery is not shown, only fast charging is shown.

View post
This is not a bug but we have several suggestions from users asking us to change this behaviour.
fjaviergj

The night light does not turn off automatically even if it is programmed, if we turn off the device when it is active, and turn it on after the time it should be turned off.

View post
Could it be that you're using sunset/sunrise instead a set time and have your location turned off?

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
Yes, I use the sunset and sunrise. But with the phone on it works correctly. It does not work properly if it turns off after sunset and turns on after sunrise. The phone should check if it has already dawned or evening when turned on to correctly adjust the light. The location is always active, that should not be the problem.
Regarding the GPS problem, I will try to do more GPS tests in other places and share them here.
Thanks for the replies. 🙂