cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 needs to improve // security Quick Settings Tiles

deep1
Star II
Hi.
I'm using latest software WW_16.0631.1910.35 and I'm concerned about security.
While phone is locked someone can still access to Quick Settings Tiles and TURN OFF our Mobile Data and WiFi or TURN ON Airplane mode!
It shouldn't be like this, right?
3TJ1UOZY912N.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
That's a welcome feature. @LP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS , Could some one explain why we do not have this feature in ROG phone 2 when we have it in ROG phone 1.
I could see password confirmation to turn ON/OFF the mobile data on ROG 2. Whereas, it is not asking password confirmation to Turn ON/OFF the WIFI, Airplane mode from quick settings and to power off the phone when it is locked.
I suggest to keep all the features you had in your old devices should continue with new devices as well.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
This is stock android behaviour. A pixel phone will also allow you to toggle these settings. It's a security VS convenience thing and the truth is that there really isn't much of a security risk. This is why Google decided to let the user toggle these settings. But... we are discussing internally if we should change this behaviour because it's not consistent. We find it weird that Google didn't want you to toggle mobile data but found it ok for you (or a thief) to toggle Airplane mode, or even turn the phone off.
But the bottom line is that there's no real security risk. As soon as the phone is connected to a network or WiFi, it will give you its position and the thief can't wipe the phone without rendering it useless. It's fully protected with your Google account