This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBG BUGS ON ROG 2 - FREEZES, DEGRADES CHARGING WHEN PLUGGED IN AND ALSO HEATS TO 49C WHILE PLAYING

Chandu_Ramoju
Star II
My game crashes or freezes all of a sudden while playing PUBG. sometimes it even shows the loading logo for 10-15 secs.. while having a intense fight.. This is ruining my game play experience. By the way.. there is no problem with my internet.. i play on 100 mbps Act Fibernet. My game ping is 20ms. The phone heats to 49 degrees while playing PUBG in normal room temperature. And also battery charge degrades when plugged in while playing even in smooth/extreme. By the way.. i'm using the original charger which is provided in box.
I used to play 6-8 hrs a day on my Oneplus 6 but never had this kind of problems.
I bought this Rog 2 for a better gaming experience.. but i'm very disappointed. I hope this issues will be solved. ASUS please make Rog 2 properly optimized for gaming.
22 REPLIES 22

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ROG Phone II has more power and more heat. I believe the main difference is that you notice that ROG Phone II gets hotter because 1 you can easily see it with the game genie real time info and 2 the ROG Phone II cover gets hotter because we let the heat out. We do this so it won't throttle like most phones do.
It's not that weird that it gets hot if you charge it at the same time. I recommend that you charge your phone above 90% before you plug it in, if you want to game at the same time. Then it won't charge as fast and create less heat.
You can also change in Armoury Crate so that you only allow low temperature in a certain game by changing in the games Scenario Profiles. This will make it so that the CPU throttles to achieve lower temperatures. Lower CPU performance doesn't necessarily mean that you will get a lower frame rate as ROG Phone II can easily handle 60fps.
You can even play around with X Mode Hardcore tuning mode and lower the performance even more to achieve both lower temps and longer battery life without going below 60fps. You don't have this level of customization with other phones.

Chandu_Ramoju
Star II
Anders_ASUS

ROG Phone II has more power and more heat. I believe the main difference is that you notice that ROG Phone II gets hotter because 1 you can easily see it with the game genie real time info and 2 the ROG Phone II cover gets hotter because we let the heat out. We do this so it won't throttle like most phones do.

It's not that weird that it gets hot if you charge it at the same time. I recommend that you charge your phone above 90% before you plug it in, if you want to game at the same time. Then it won't charge as fast and create less heat.

You can also change in Armoury Crate so that you only allow low temperature in a certain game by changing in the games Scenario Profiles. This will make it so that the CPU throttles to achieve lower temperatures. Lower CPU performance doesn't necessarily mean that you will get a lower frame rate as ROG Phone II can easily handle 60fps.

You can even play around with X Mode Hardcore tuning mode and lower the performance even more to achieve both lower temps and longer battery life without going below 60fps. You don't have this level of customization with other phones.

View post
Yeah i agree with you partially regarding the heat, because even when not plugged in i get the heat to 48c in 1hr gameplay. but my main concern is about battery degrading when plugged in. i have actually already tried all those methods..
1.plugged in at 100% battery with Xmode on and off using hdr/extreme it does not stay constant. It's discharges.
2.Also tried with Xmode on and off with smooth/extreme even then it discharges
3.I have changed the performance in profile scenario to hardcore tuning but even then when plugged in at 90% the charge does not increase instead it discharges
-Its okay for me if the charge does not increase but atleast i dont want the battery to discharge when plugged in.. while playing.
I bought this Rog 2 mainly because asus has mentioned in the launch.. that it can run long hrs for playing when plugged in.

Deepak_Pratap
Star I
Please check the following steps:
1. Install ASUS Log Tool .
2.Use the default log settings then start to reproduce this error.
3. Share the pics of battery percentage before playing "PUBG".
4. Begin to play PUBG and charging at the same time, when you find the battery decreased (the 18W adapter still connect on phone), please generate the log as below and record the times, such as 2019/10/29, 15:45 got the error! (removed image)
5. Share the all files from "save log" as below thruogh google drive or any cloud storage
6. Share the pics of battery usage as below, from: settings>battery>click the battery icon and you'll get battery usage. (removed image)
steps provided by Asus India

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sorry about the late reply. The charger will lower it's charging due to heat to prevent the phone from CPU throttling.
This may happen regardless of which charger you're using but it's less likely with the 30W charger since it has the charging controller integrated in the charger instead of in the phone which results in less heat.
There are a couple of things you can do to minimize heat and continue charging at a high enough current to not lose battery capacity while gaming.
Minimize screen brightness
Try and find a cooler environment
In Armoury Crate, go to the games scenario profile and set Temperature control to low (this will throttle the CPU to maintain lower temps)
If step 3 is not enough, then you can try to lower the CPU Hz before you start your game. Most games are GPU dependent so lowing the CPU won't necessarily give lover performance.

Chandu Ramoju

My game crashes or freezes all of a sudden while playing PUBG. sometimes it even shows the loading logo for 10-15 secs.. while having a intense fight.. This is ruining my game play experience. By the way.. there is no problem with my internet.. i play on 100 mbps Act Fibernet. My game ping is 20ms. The phone heats to 49 degrees while playing PUBG in normal room temperature. And also battery charge degrades when plugged in while playing even in smooth/extreme. By the way.. i'm using the original charger which is provided in box.

I used to play 6-8 hrs a day on my Oneplus 6 but never had this kind of problems.

I bought this Rog 2 for a better gaming experience.. but i'm very disappointed. I hope this issues will be solved. ASUS please make Rog 2 properly optimized for gaming.

PUBG BUGS ON ROG 2 - FREEZES, DEGRADES CHARGING WHEN PLUGGED IN AND ALSO HEATS TO 49C WHILE PLAYING
Hi I'm facing the exact same issue game is freezing and it shows loading logo in between while in middle of game.. there is no issue with the internet..did you find any resolution to this ?