This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus does not care at all

gunmanrishi
Star II
Inspite of reaching out on social media and here asus team just doesn't want accept the fact that the camera is messed up with no support for Google camera. The stock camera has gone from a flagship level to a mid range level but all asus cares about is organizing fan meets with Geeky Ranjit. I thought you guys gave a bunch of phones to Dev's to get custom rom support which never came out. Earlier atleast we were able to use the gcam now thanks to you guys that also doesn't work. I have paid for a premium device but thanks to you guys who are making it average day by day. Thank you for conning your users.
63 REPLIES 63

gunmanrishi
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28989#Comment_28989

Which 100 dollar phone takes better pictures, or a 200 dollar phone for that matter? I understand that you want a better camera and it's ok. Who doesn't? But you're trying to insult our camera performance to make your point by saying that basically all other phones are better. This is is not true from an objective point. If you were to make some real comparisons with other manufacturers, then you would notice that our camera is a lot better than you think. Just watch all those comparisons that are already available from medias and youtubers.

View post
@Anders_ASUS here is the problem with the device.
Confirm by micky387
strings com.qti.chi.override.so | grep "system"
system/lib/DataSet/ispDB/ASUS_UNDI_ZOOM.bin

there is desperately a treble violation

gunmanrishi
Star II
nishaanth5000

Ohhhhhhh????? taught him a lesson.

View post
Yeah because i am not here to please him a earn a rog 2 phone like you. So i am good. Keep trying hard may be you will get a rog 2 someday. Youtubers are the last people to belive as they do paid promotions. But thats for sensible people. You can keep trying for the rog 2.

Rustylord
Rising Star II
Oh god seriously u freakin kids have these intention to do so, and that's why you got that thought so please, enough of our conversation. Why would i even think of that fool.????

S4t
Star III
@Anders_ASUS GCam was working on Pie. It was broken with the upgrade to Android 10. Modders already have it working on Android 10 on OnePlus and Xiaomi phones, but on ASUS Android 10, something is stopping the background processing of the image.
tl;dr: Something is wrong and it's only affecting ASUS users running Android 10.
I own and directed users to this device via my GCam repo and telegram channel, created and maintain the XDA threads for both the ZF6 and ROG2, and do my best to help by being an admin on the telegram group for this phone and a moderator on a (unofficial) sub-reddit. I'm probably biased, but since ASUS can't match Google's quality, I think GCam is important.
I understand that you can't directly work on this, but if the attitude is "everything is fine with our camera" and "we don't even know what GCam is", then I guess current and possible new owners should be warned.
But maybe I'm jumping into conclusions too quickly, maybe this Android 10 update was rushed due to some deadline and we should give ASUS some time to fix the issues. I still have hope that my Christmas/new year photos won't lack detail and be blurry, after all that's why I bought a new phone.
---
Edit: Some comments were posted while I was writing this one.
I hope ASUS and their employees don't go the "OnePlus way". For years they insisted they had a good camera and all criticism was an "attack" from hatters, not an opportunity to improve. Eventually they "saw the light", understood that they camera wasn't the best and started improving it.
To fix a problem, we must first admit there's a problem. The quality of ASUS camera app isn't the best. It doesn't retain as much detail, performance in low light is bad, and things like HDR Enhanced are even close to what brands like Google offer. It records 4K video, but it's limited to... 5 minutes (maybe because of the heat? I'm freezing with 4ºC, so I hope there's another reason for this limit).
Some of these problems could be bypassed if 3rd party cameras were better supported (not even talking about GCam). For example, not exposing 48MP to other apps is a mistake in my opinion. Forcing users to use another app to record 4k video for more than 5 minutes is another mistake.

superniiice
Star III
gunmanrishi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28972#Comment_28972

Very conveniently you got away with bunch of excuses. Leave the gcam what's with your own camera. Have you seen the night mode or even the dynamic range of the images produced by the stock camera. The least you can do is give excuses and act on the situation. I do not care about gcam as i understand it's not your headache. But the stock camera is. Rectify that. We didn't pay tunch of money to use a $100 phone camera.

View post
@gunmanrishi Sorry to say, but your tone and attitude is a bit harsh. If you do some proper research you'll find a Gcam for Android 10, check this threat - post from 2019-09-29, 10:32PM. It's not perfect, but not too bad: https://forum.xda-developers.com/zenfone-6-2019/themes/asus-zenfone-6-google-camera-apk-gcam-t393274...
I hope it helps.