This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus does not care at all

gunmanrishi
Star II
Inspite of reaching out on social media and here asus team just doesn't want accept the fact that the camera is messed up with no support for Google camera. The stock camera has gone from a flagship level to a mid range level but all asus cares about is organizing fan meets with Geeky Ranjit. I thought you guys gave a bunch of phones to Dev's to get custom rom support which never came out. Earlier atleast we were able to use the gcam now thanks to you guys that also doesn't work. I have paid for a premium device but thanks to you guys who are making it average day by day. Thank you for conning your users.
63 REPLIES 63

S4t
Star III
ColorSage

First, the double-negation it the title states positive. Second, you can't expect official Google Camera support l because it's their proprietary software. There's no source code available and it can be only shipped with Google Pixels. There are two unofficial modders trying to make it useable but they have to use workarounds for everything.

View post
ASUS sent phones to developers so they could some cool projects could work well on this phone. It's the main reason why I picked this phone over others, with price and functionality (sd card, headphone jack) coming second.
While no one expects ASUS to create an official Google Camera app for this phone or a 100% stable build of LineageOS, they sent those devices for a reason. They should now keep things simple and make the life of these guys easier, specially when so far ASUS can't do a good job with their camera app, even though it has a good sensor.
The Google Camera port, versions 7.1 and 7.2, works well on Android 10 running on phones from brands like Xiaomi. It was working well on this phone on Android 9 and apparently stopped working after one of the Android 10 betas. The difference is that we know for a fact that Xiaomi tests and makes changes on their side so GCam works better, while ASUS probably doesn't.
If ASUS can't improve the camera quality on this phone, they should at least try not to break the alternatives we are essentially forced to use due to their incompetence. It's not acceptable, on a phone were the camera was the main feature, to have an official app that can't deal with big dynamic ranges, have an HDR Enhance technology that screw ups the image if there is too much movement, or creates images from the 2nd camera that looks like what I was getting from a phone 4 or 5 years ago.
Also, if someone from ASUS reads this, keep in mind that the Asia trend to have soft and blury images is not popular everywhere. Google, for example, is praised for their image quality and images are sharp.

gunmanrishi
Star II
S4t

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28644#Comment_28644

ASUS sent phones to developers so they could some cool projects could work well on this phone. It's the main reason why I picked this phone over others, with price and functionality (sd card, headphone jack) coming second.

While no one expects ASUS to create an official Google Camera app for this phone or a 100% stable build of LineageOS, they sent those devices for a reason. They should now keep things simple and make the life of these guys easier, specially when so far ASUS can't do a good job with their camera app, even though it has a good sensor.

The Google Camera port, versions 7.1 and 7.2, works well on Android 10 running on phones from brands like Xiaomi. It was working well on this phone on Android 9 and apparently stopped working after one of the Android 10 betas. The difference is that we know for a fact that Xiaomi tests and makes changes on their side so GCam works better, while ASUS probably doesn't.

If ASUS can't improve the camera quality on this phone, they should at least try not to break the alternatives we are essentially forced to use due to their incompetence. It's not acceptable, on a phone were the camera was the main feature, to have an official app that can't deal with big dynamic ranges, have an HDR Enhance technology that screw ups the image if there is too much movement, or creates images from the 2nd camera that looks like what I was getting from a phone 4 or 5 years ago.

Also, if someone from ASUS reads this, keep in mind that the Asia trend to have soft and blury images is not popular everywhere. Google, for example, is praised for their image quality and images are sharp.

View post
I second this the only reason asus is a failure in sales is due to their rigidness of not improving and taking feedback. Look at One Plus. Though i dont want to compare. But i still remember asus was marketing this device by sharing videos of the developers who went through so much to create this marvelous device. But now it all seems like a marketing gimmick. They just gave android 10 in a hurry to make it up with the competitors but messed their main reason for this device is their camera. Since the upgrade the camera is below average and it's not accepted with a flagship device. If rog 2 is your main focus then why take out devices and then get messed up. I must say this is taking asus steps behind in being the best mid range flagship brand.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
@S4t @gunmanrishi
Guys, I'm not saying that Asus can't do anything about their camera and I do understand they sent their devices to developers. If you feel they're not doing anything even though they took the phone, go to XDA forums.

S4t
Star III
ColorSage

@S4t @gunmanrishi

Guys, I'm not saying that Asus can't do anything about their camera and I do understand they sent their devices to developers. If you feel they're not doing anything even though they took the phone, go to XDA forums.

View post
Google Camera was working on Pie because they had the phone and made it work. Apparently it was working on Android 10 beta, but it stopped working after one update.
Arnova8G2, Savitar, and Urnyx05 have tried to make it work on the current Android 10 build without success. Arnova8G2 and Urnyx05 support other Xiaomi and OnePlus phones and GCam works without any problem on Android 10.
ASUS changed or broke something and that change ended up breaking GCam too. That's why I'm complaining here, not on XDA.

prashanth
Rising Star II
gunmanrishi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28784#Comment_28784

It is a issue with asus if you understand what that logcat states. The stock camera also has massive issues to start with tint and no dynamic range. I think that's not a problem from asus as well. I guess i have to reach out to Flipkart right.

View post
True....Dynamic range WAS AND IS an issue they need to deal with and artificial light performance is not upto the mark
I'm satisfied with day light photos but dynamic range takes a hit sometimes but then agin rare in good lighting conditions