This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Bass function in Audio Wizard(?)

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Hello community. I've got my ROG Phone 2 a week ago and I'm having a great time with it, except for few issues.
Now I found that "Bass" bar in AudioWizard is functioning in the opposite way.
Issue I found: The bass should improve when we increase the level, but I see that Bass is more when it is kept at "0" than increasing it. Sound felt different and bass was extremely flat when I set it above "10".
Apps tested with: Prime Music and Youtube Music.
Tested with: Sony MDR-XB55, Sony WH-H900N, Sony MDR- XB450 and LG HBS-920(Wireless)
I'm not expert in audio terms but its obvious that Bass is more effective in "0" level. This is happening in any Audio mode like DTS X etc....
Firmware version:- WW_16.0631.1908.12_0
I request other ROG Phone 2 users to test it and report.
IDHGBN4VUC0R.jpg
8O9N8C1TYMPT.jpg
FXNYWEU6HTJ6.jpg

25 REPLIES 25

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
No update at the moment. R&D is looking into it.

OPC
Zen Master II
My experience is following. Headphones: Bowers and Wilkins P5 wired. Google play music player. The music King Crimson: 21st Century Schizoid Man (has very strong bass sections), I Talk to the Wind, Epitaph, Starless and Red. This is very complex music played on a variety of electric and acoustic instruments. Listening mode: DTS Audio Wide and classic stereo mode. Selection of preinstalled equalizer options: rock and custom.
Initial setup is rock. From rock selecting custom option and tapping on it in the center of the circle we can see the equalizer setup for "rock". Bellow we have horizontal sliders for bass and treble. Increasing the bass on the slider nothing much happens, except that the bass section becomes louder. We can experience a slight increase in bass (mostly psychological) up to half length of the slider, but going to the full right the sound doesn't become deeper, only louder. And in fact acting on the bass slider parameters on the equalizer above don't change. This increase in loudness could be interpreted as the bass actually becoming higher and not deeper.
To change the sound into deeper we have to focus on equalizer and increase dB level for the lowest 3 frequencies: 31, 62 and 125Hz. If we rise the bar for those 3 frequencies we can hear the sound becoming deeper. Also we can reduce the output for 250 and 500 Hz to emphasize the bass effect. That would make the sound become deeper. The best option to set bass and treble to our taste is to create a custom equalizer setup and not rise level on horizontal bass or treble sliders bellow. Setting up the equalizer I have managed to achieve very full and rich sound, considering it's a phone after all. I also use a dedicated hi-res Pono music player. Rog 2 is not that level but it's also not that far apart. And Pono is a much thicker, hardly pocketable box.
I didn't have time yet to move my flac music library to the phone and use a dedicated hi-res music player, but results can only be better.
To people who don't want to play with equalizer but prefer a more "punchy" sound out of the box, Boom music player makes great job in increasing bass.

OPC
Zen Master II
A possible good setup for bass
QPXSKUY0336V.jpg

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
@LP_ASUS , Could you share the status of this issue? This bug is there from the beginning so request you to priorities this issue.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
sathishinsat2

@LP_ASUS , Could you share the status of this issue? This bug is there from the beginning so request you to priorities this issue.

View post
The case is still under investigation. I promise I'll update the thread as soon as the status switches. 😉