This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst camera in ROG 2

Yuvaa
Star I
After 10days of usage feeling that i bought a wrong device in cAmera quality... Particularly night time snaps very horrible... Feeling that rog 2 have VGA camera.
11 REPLIES 11

OPC
Zen Master II
Check this post
Wize

Hey, got some nice photos with the ROG Phone 2 that I thought I would share with you all from a trip in Riga. Not sure if the photos get lower quality when they get uploaded here or not, but make sure to use WiFi 😉

Feel free to share photos too 🙂

HDR On

TU3XH10T4M9Y.jpg

No HDR

RMM6NT394OCG.jpg

Wide Angle

97AK82WVHTLD.jpg

With HDR

QGI4IXLFGDYJ.jpg

Direct Sunlight, HDR on

FGN9EUHKSIMI.jpg

[MOD] ROG Phone 2 - Share your Photos!
You will see some pretty good pictures can come out of Rog 2. Night mode has a space for improvement though

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Yuvaa@0607

After 10days of usage feeling that i bought a wrong device in cAmera quality... Particularly night time snaps very horrible... Feeling that rog 2 have VGA camera.

Worst camera in ROG 2
And you're comparing to what?
ROG Phone II will not win against Pixel or more expensive flagship phones but it's in no way a bad camera. This is my objective opinion based on all reviews and my own comparing with other phones.

OPC
Zen Master II
I would say on the hardware side, apart from optical image stabilization, it beats Pixel, Samsung and equals many others. The "magic" of Pixel and Samsung is in the software now being polished for years. And Asus is the "new player in the game". I like to test cameras on phones and the only ones I got visibly better pictures than on Rog 2 were premium Huawei phones with Leica glass. Those are dedicated camera phones in a way Rog 2 is a gaming phone. Those phones fall behind Rog 2 in other fields. I really don't understand why there is so much criticism on the camera. Thanks to good hardware in Rog 2, which is the most important element to create a good picture, I can get great sharp images without any special craft. Just we need to play around a little with the settings and possibilities of the camera app.

Xiaofeng
Star I
Did you try GCam for Rog 2?