This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double tap to turn off display

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Ok, I will admit this is picky and maybe it is just me. I often have to try 2-4 times double tapping on the status bar to get the screen to turn off. It often will activate the notification shade to drop down on the first tap and then the second tap is ineffective. I've tried using the top right corner vs center etc but all the same. The last device I had offered the same function but I only rarely had that issue. Maybe it is just me? Not the biggest issue in the world, obviously but just wanted to throw it out there in case there is some way to adjust the sensitivity of this in the firmware in the future to make it more reliable.
17 REPLIES 17

_jis_
Zen Master III
Exactly, it is not only you, I can confirm this. Fortunately, you can use this gesture above any empty place on the homescreen.
I use the Nova launcher myself. I used these two gestures for that: two finger rotation clockwise and anticlockwise, both of which I set to the screen lock. These gestures work seamlessly anywhere on the home screen (above any icons or widgets, no problem).

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

Exactly, it is not only you, I can confirm this. Fortunately, you can use this gesture above any empty place on the homescreen.

I use the Nova launcher myself. I used these two gestures for that: two finger rotation clockwise and anticlockwise, both of which I set to the screen lock. These gestures work seamlessly anywhere on the home screen (above any icons or widgets, no problem).

View post
Yeah, I use Nova too, but I don't use FP to unlock so the only functionality that I have found with Nova or Tasker is to lock the display, which I would prefer not to do. I really just wanna turn off display. So sometimes after failing with the double tap twice I just push the power button. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

_jis_
Zen Master III
I see.
I don't use FP to unlock
OT: What do you use instead?

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

I see.

I don't use FP to unlock

OT: What do you use instead?

View post